Firmware Update/Downdate?

Started by dfort, February 11, 2017, 02:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_overseas

Quote from: liberatemycamera on June 11, 2020, 01:26:19 AM
EOS Utility doesn't seem to recognize my camera when I connect it to the computer....do I need to upgrade to 1.3.6 to be able to proceed?

I've hit that one before and it can be frustrating to figure out because there is no error or obvious reason why its not working. Try starting EOS Utility by running it as Administrator. Does it now detect your camera?
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

dfort

Quote from: LevV on April 19, 2020, 11:28:19 PM
I have a M50 tho I tried all available options but nothing works. ML for this camera is not yet released and I am using version 1.0.3

Been a while since I checked this discussion but I just tried the open battery door method a1ex explained on Reply #65 and it works perfectly on the M50.

Psarahtonen

So there's no way to downgrade from 1.3.6 in a Mac with either EOS Utility 2 or EOS Utility 3?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Psarahtonen on July 13, 2020, 05:31:30 PM
So there's no way to downgrade from 1.3.6 in a Mac with either EOS Utility 2 or EOS Utility 3?
Go to top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> 5D Mark III 1.1.3 or 1.2.3 -> Installation and read all the infos how to solve this.

Psarahtonen

Yes, I have attempted all of that.  Plus I have changed cables, computers, switched back and forth from Photo Mode, changed cards, card sizes, different formatting of cards, different versions of EOS Utility, different versions of Mac OS-X, hit the SET button before clicking the prompt, hit the SET button AFTER clicking the prompt, held the SET button down, tried the steps in different orders and the same thing happens every time...

on EOS Utility 2: I get the red communication/camera disconnection message in the GUI window as soon as I hit the prompt that says "1.3.6 > 1.1.3?"

on EOS Utility 3: when I hit the "1.3.6 > 1.1.3" prompt the camera just disconnects but stays "busy" until I disconnect the cable.

Walter Schulz

Because there it is clearly pointed out that you can not use EOS Utility to downgrade 1.3.6 I strongly suggest to re-read said instructions and begin following them.

amrali

hello there , I am really glad to hear that there are attempts to downgrade the latest canon firmware for 5d3 I have updated my canon firmware to 136 by mistake :( while am regular ML user :(  I have tried the "battery door trick" many many times but still don't work for me  please if there is any video for this process it would be very useful , thanx

Walter Schulz

Sorry, but you missed to mention where and how the procedure fails. Please redo steps once again, maybe using a small card (<32 GB) with FAT32 file system.

Walter Schulz

Door method working for 250D, too. 1.0.2 -> 1.0.1

c_joerg

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 15, 2020, 09:00:41 PM
Because there it is clearly pointed out that you can not use EOS Utility to downgrade 1.3.6 I strongly suggest to re-read said instructions and begin following them.

Since EOS Utility works for downgrading the R6, you should test every camera with it.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25481.msg232590#msg232590
EOS R

Walter Schulz

Sure but it has been tested with 5D3 running 1.3.6 and EOS Utility doesn't do the job. As pointed out in first post.

c_joerg

EOS R