Working Version for Canon T5 (1200D)

Started by golferboy, February 03, 2017, 10:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golferboy

Hope I am following protocol here!..........But here goes.......This needs to be out there for members to start testing!

I recently found on You Tube a working version of Magic Lantern for the Canon T5 (1200D) working with Canon firmware v101
There were some users reported the ML version worked after simply installing, but in my case it did not install until I had used the supplied EOScard.exe file to make the memory card bootable. (click on ML icon inside EOScard and make sure first two boxes are checked!) After a successful install I have so far found the 'Focus Trap' 'Magic Zoom'  'Global Draw' 'Focus Peak' all working with no problems so far!.........These features alone make this wonderful coding and my Canon T5 so very, very much more useful and so I am continuing onward......I feel I should make more members aware of this version so that testers far more competent than I can get the ball rolling!..............Many thanks to all of these genius coders at Magic Lantern!!!

razrburn

I also saw some videos of the 1200d on youtube running ml, right after purchasing a 1200d off ebay a couple days ago, should be delivered tomorrow I'm not sure what firmware its shipping with but I can tell you v1.0.2(not compatible) is the latest and v1.0.1(compatible) will be hard to finder in the coming months/years if you need 1.0.1 you can still find it here(I'm new here, is this link ok to post?) http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17821/
if in some distant future that link maybe out of date the file you want is 13,519 kb named "v101-t5-1200d-x70-win.zip" you can find that in a search engine geared for searching ftp servers. osx users dont worry you dont need to run a application, its basically copying to a sd card so this will also work for you.
I'm excited and I'm just waiting for a stable release of magic lantern to become available for the 1200d. looks like its 95-99% done though

Walter Schulz

You will find all Canon EOS firmware you need here: pel.hu/eoscard
Same repository is used in nightly build download pages.

razrburn

cool I trust that better then some random source, I'll grab my update from there. thanks