Bug vintage lens with 5DM3

Started by Qiki, February 03, 2017, 08:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qiki

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with my vintage lens on my 5DM3. There's this common bug that the 5DM3 does not accepts vintage lenses. I've googled this problem and understood that this has to do with the software not recognizing the lens. But I only shoot with this vintage lens, so I'ts quite annoying having this connection problem all the time. And live view does not work at all. Strange enough the vintage lens does work on my 70D, but ofcourse this is a crop camera. I use a chipped M42 adapter.

Since I learned about ML, I want to know if this 5m3 problem is solved when I install ML?

Thanks for your help!

Walter Schulz

Get an M42 adapter where 5D3 is in the compatibility list.

DeafEyeJedi

Maybe try twisting the lens halfway out and back in (without taking it completely off) and see if that would do the trick?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

Well, surely taking "focus confirm" out of focus.

Qiki

Thanks for your posts.

Ofcourse I've checked things. I've got a compatible 42m, my hands are tired of twisting the lens and temporary taking the battery out. Most of the times it works for a while. But sometimes it just gives up and nothing works accept waiting some hours and try again.
And there is no focus confirming thing when using this lens. I didn't know that I could take it out. Shall try and see what happens.

But the main question remains unanswered. Please can somebody reply on that?

Does ML obviate this problem?

Thanks!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

a1ex

ML doesn't, but a piece of tape over lens contacts will.

Qiki

Jeez, you made my day!!

Guess it is fixed now. Even burst mode works! You have no idea how many times I was in the field making impressionistic images which take lots of my energy and then also beeing confronted with this very irritating problem.

Big thank you!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk