Recommendation regarding gig and backup camer?

Started by D_Odell, January 09, 2017, 10:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D_Odell

Having a gig this week and will try to shoot the job with either 12bit raw or latest Nightly build. But how often have ML break down during a shoot? What I'm asking is should I take a b-cam 5d3 with me if the primary fails? Since this has never occurred for me I wonder if it happened to you?

Thanks!
David
5D3 [size=6pt](OLPF removed)[/size] :: 1.1.3 :: Canon FD L Serie

aschille84

Also curious about this. Is 12-bit RAW production safe?
The black level error seems to be the biggest concern imo..

D_Odell

Quote from: aschille84 on January 09, 2017, 11:28:04 AM
Also curious about this. Is 12-bit RAW production safe?
The black level error seems to be the biggest concern imo..
Never had a problem with black levels on 5D3, while I've only shoot with 10-bit. But will do some tests before.

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

D_Odell

The shoot went mostly ok! Camera did it's job and ML did a flawless job. One problem that occurred was the 5.6" monitor stoped working which made the production a bit slower. Since the dolly guy where quite dependent of it.

The last dream for most of us who shoot 10-bit for higher resolution, seeing 1:1 while recording.. must keep dreaming. To sum it up, and this was low budget, really not the standard for pro video. But with ML it's quite possible to have post work to show! But with more budget, an ENG cam would be better!