32gb micro SD in adapter not working

Started by jpware2, January 18, 2017, 03:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpware2

I unfortunately lost my old SD card recently. It was a 32 gb micro SD in an adapter. I used it to run ML on my T1i for about a year. I remember using a 2gb card to upload ML initially to the camera, and then switching to the 32 gb card because the 32 would get stuck on the loading screen. I now have an identical 32gb micro sd in adapter setup, and I have started from scratch with a standard firmware 1.1.1. I used the 2gb card for the initial. Then used my 32gb card (made bootable with macboot) and the screen becomes black, the camera is unusable. I have reset the camera many times, and tried different methods, but nothing seems to work. Please help...

Walter Schulz

Copy extracted nightly build content to card.

Teamsleepkid

i have no prof but i always say don't buy micro sd. the chances of it not working are greater because of the very very tiny wires inside and then you add the adapter and if it doesn't line up just right you have another problem. always just buy regular sd for an sd slot.its never good to complicate things for no reason. my 2 cents. but you probably already know this so i'll just shut up :)
EOS M

jpware2

I will likely just go out and buy a new card within the week. It just bothers me that the exact same setup worked for about a year, and now i can't get it to work. Thanks for the suggestions.

Styve100

I have found that using micro SD cards in an adapter dramatically slows down the rate of the card, as mentioned, always use full size cards, this may have been the source of your trouble originally.