Street Fashion Shooting with 5D III with ML

Started by eraizgn, January 10, 2017, 12:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxotics

the detail and DR of RAW is so intoxicating (to me) that I often want to protect the shadows and highlights, as you have done.  However, I think this almost impossible in day-light.  Unless you're going for a specific low-contrast look, best to let your highlights go and let the model's face go bright.  In other words, the video was a bit dark to me.  Another idea is you keep the image muted in the street scenes, but once she goes into the light, let the image explode in color and brightness.  Then end it there.  Why go back to the dark street?  That's my 2-cents.  VERY NICE STUFF!

GutterPump

Nice shots, nice grading (Even i guess you used once again the famous and boring Osiris M31 LUT)

Model is also pretty :) but everytime touching her hairs ! I want to tie her hairs so she stops !

Simonwb

Very nice. All I would add is a thought about the lens you use - wide and close up?  It results in some disorientating background effects e.g. around the 20 sec mark.
5D3.123 | 5D4 | C100ii | 16-35 f4 | 24-105 f4ii | 70-200 f2.8ii | 50 f1.2 | 100 f2.8 | Samyang 16, 24, 35, 50, 85, 135

extremelypoorfilmaker

Quote from: GutterPump on January 10, 2017, 03:13:34 PM
Nice shots, nice grading (Even i guess you used once again the famous and boring Osiris M31 LUT)

Thank you! I was gonna ask what is the name of that LUT that I keep on seeing on almost every magic lantern video I stumble across :D

Teamsleepkid

teal and orange look is playyyyyed out. but it does look really nice here.. :)
EOS M

eraizgn

Quote from: maxotics on January 10, 2017, 02:05:44 PM
the detail and DR of RAW is so intoxicating (to me) that I often want to protect the shadows and highlights, as you have done.  However, I think this almost impossible in day-light.  Unless you're going for a specific low-contrast look, best to let your highlights go and let the model's face go bright.  In other words, the video was a bit dark to me.  Another idea is you keep the image muted in the street scenes, but once she goes into the light, let the image explode in color and brightness.  Then end it there.  Why go back to the dark street?  That's my 2-cents.  VERY NICE STUFF!

Thanks for comment, I am very glad to notice that.. Keep in mind.

eraizgn

Quote from: GutterPump on January 10, 2017, 03:13:34 PM

Model is also pretty :) but everytime touching her hairs ! I want to tie her hairs so she stops !

Quote from: extremelypoorfilmaker on January 10, 2017, 08:28:04 PM
Thank you! I was gonna ask what is the name of that LUT that I keep on seeing on almost every magic lantern video I stumble across :D

Thanks for comments guys, but unfortunately its not Osiris M31 & Visionlog. Visionlog works best with Impulze/Osiris

And( everytime touching her hairs ! I want to tie her hairs so she stops !) yes yes yes I know :) Talked so much but :/

eraizgn

Quote from: Simonwb on January 10, 2017, 07:52:42 PM
Very nice. All I would add is a thought about the lens you use - wide and close up?  It results in some disorientating background effects e.g. around the 20 sec mark.

I just used 16-35mm lens and yes you are right about it. For Slow-mo shooting wide and closed up a bit. You got it well :P