"Reset to standard settings" feature

Started by gkuenning, December 30, 2016, 07:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gkuenning

I don't know if this is scriptable or would require a change to the underlying code, but here's the idea: I have a "standard" camera configuration that is intended to leave things set so I can just pick up the camera and shoot if I'm in a hurry.  For me that's AWB, P mode, ISO 100, Tv/Av/M set to 1/125 f/5.6, servo AF, auto AF points, no exposure comp, landscape picture style, ...well you get the idea.  For others it might be quite different.

The problem is that it can be a pain to reset to the standard after a customized session.  (And sometimes I forget but that's a different issue!)  It would be really cool to have a menu item that let me register every standard setting and then later I could say "reset to the standard".  It would be similar to Canon's "reset to factory defaults" except it would be MY defaults instead of theirs.

Is this scriptable?

Walter Schulz

gkuenning

Thanks, Walter.  I hadn't known about the config presets.

Unfortunately they only seem to save the ML settings.  The ones that I most frequently change are the Canon ones, so I'm looking for a way to reset those.  I wouldn't mind hardwiring them into a script, since I rarely change them.  (It would be especially cool to auto-run it on boot...)