"Scroll" HDMI output

Started by domasa, December 29, 2016, 12:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domasa

Many HDMI monitors have 1:1 view (pixel per pixel) but most of them can display only center of view. Scroll display is not possible.

Is it possible add feature "Shift HDMI output" to "Arrow/SET shortcuts" for display optional part of view in center of HDMI output?

80D shifting the display buffer (from Twitter by a1ex ?):
https://twitter.com/i/status/1094263460672794624

a1ex

domasa

QuoteHowever, the feature you are looking for is really easy to do - just change the display buffer address (start from the full-screen magic zoom code or HDR video flicker workarounds, and tweak from there). Scrolling left to right should be straightforward; scrolling up and down will display additional things (likely noise), but if you can zoom on the external monitor, that should be harmless.
Please, can someone help with implementing?

domasa

QuotePlease, can someone help with implementing?

Hope dies last :-)

reddeercity

Interesting never notice this before , I can see this to  be very useful specially in 3x crop mode or even 4k , UHD resolution .
I have a old Zacuto hdmi evf that has 1:1 , auto scaling etc. ...
I'll have a look and see what I can do .
loaded the TFT_SIO Communication module from dfort downloads (thanks I don't have to compile myself to save time)
I see so promise already  :)  ran it on top of startup log memspy  build from a1ex
A series of brute force regs. started to move the liveview screen right & left about 150 to pixel vertically,
Almost seems it's moving to the OB range , I try and get a screen shot later .

reddeercity

Some 5D2  HDMI Log information here  , hopefully it will be helpful in development of this feature request 

reddeercity

domasa

reddeercity

Sorry haven't had the time to look at this again , this is very low on my priority list at the moment
I'm focusing more on Lossless Compressed raw , 3.5k/UHD/Raw& Mjpeg plus 10-12bit raw video on digic iv cams in particular  5D2

a1ex

FYI: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16040.msg202394#msg202394

QuoteAnyone who understands the above stuff will be able to implement this feature request in no time.

domasa

QuoteAnyone who understands the above stuff will be able to implement this feature request in no time.

Is there developer with no time? ;)