EOS 600D Rebel T3i - Firmware 1.0.3

Started by ArthurusRex, December 16, 2016, 08:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArthurusRex

Hello,

I would like to install ML on my EOS 600D but my firmware is 1.0.3 (available since november 29th 2016) and you recommend the firmware 1.0.2.

What can I do ?

Thank you :)

(sorry for my poor english...)

jerryo

I have the same question.  I also have a T3i with firmware 1.0.3 and would like to use Magic Lantern

Walter Schulz

Downgrade to 1.0.2 and follow installation instructions for ML.

1.0.2 available on http://pel.hu/eoscard

jerryo

drawninward

Thanks for this as the April fools joke which I've only just realised was a joke made me un-install magic lantern and upgrade my firmware.  I'd only used ML a couple of times so was set to do some filming when the blue screen of seeming death made me panic thinking I'd bricked my T3i.  Very frightening experience and since then I've had to do filming without ML which isn't easy.  So, thanks to your good advice I've now got Firmware 1.0.2 again and I can download ML and try again - the wiser for it!

Polsko

I upgraded my T3i firmware to 1.0.3

Want to downgrade to 1.0.2 to install ML again, but I canĀ“t find it any more. Would you please tell me where I can download it?

Thanks.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 600D.102 -> Installation -> Link
or
Pel.hu/eoscard (same as linked in page above)
or
Reply #2

ilias.2008

dfort

If you go to my Bitbucket downloads page you'll find a file named "600D Canon Firmware for Testers.zip" in there you'll find both the 102 and 103 Canon firmware updaters. I was trying to make it easy for anyone wanting to port a firmware update on this camera but so far there are no takers.