____

Started by zalbnrum, December 03, 2016, 12:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zalbnrum

Danne

Surin Dmitriy

Quote from: zalbnrum on December 03, 2016, 12:34:08 PM
Hi, Im experiencing new problems, thought there was dust, cleaned it, still there. Abot three bigger white/reddish spots when shooting raw. Never had problems, shot raw from late 2013 not even one corrupted frame.

So, I found a possible solution of "dead pixel overmapping" (clean manually with body cap on for more than 30 seconds). It just doesnt work for my camera.

Pixels get wild at more than ISO3200, at underxposed, at higher ISOs even when exposed correctly. Pixels are visible even at ISO100 with daylight exposed correctly, but it is harder to spot them, they are not noticable at first.

Is it possible that pixel overmapping doesnt work because of ML?

I use March 26 2015 nightly. For post I use raw2cdng1.6.5. and then davinci Resolve 12.

I found various notions about overmapping on the net, but I tried them all, no change...

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Dead pixel overmappimg the bull shit comes from the photographers)). It doesnt works for me, I have the same problems. I have got the dead pixels after my trip to Philippines were the outside temperature is very hot. I made the dead pixel map at the Davinchi reslove, using mask and blur, it takes a long time to cover all problems areas. After that I save as a still preset. Any time you need you can apply it as a side node for the final render. As you can see from the video the dead pixels are gone. https://vimeo.com/152951564
5D3

Danne

You can also map them out in MLP by specifying coordinates and from there export to ProRes.
Dmilligan did some good work with pixel map files created by dfort. They come bundled with mlvfs. An idea could be to have an empty extra map file which could be used to map out any additional pixels for any other camera. This file might be activated only when coordinates are being written to it.