Audio triggers only the flash

Started by Digital Guy, July 31, 2012, 04:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Guy

Years ago i built a simple trigger unit that could capture a baloon popping. The method was to leave the shutter open (BULB mode) in a completly dark room. Then connect the unit to the flash and not to the camera. Then when the baloon bursts, the sound triggers the unit which triggers the flash which captures that frozen moment.

Could this handy feature be added to ML? :-[
Magic Lantern v2.3 installed on both Canon 60D's with 17-85 & 10-22 & 18-250mm lenses. Canon EOS-M EOSM-FD adapter. Crazy about HDR timelapse photography, I'm experimenting with HDR video and use Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editor and Photomatix Pro

ilguercio

He just wants ML to pop the flash, not sync it at high speeds.
I think this could be possible.
If he's in bulb mode you don't need to activate the shutter, just the flash.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

a1ex

You mean, an audio trigger that pops the internal flash in the middle of the exposure?

ituner

Quote from: a1ex on August 01, 2012, 04:58:28 PM
You mean, an audio trigger that pops the internal flash in the middle of the exposure?

Flash by the sound of the built-in flash or sync to hot shoe in the bulb mode.
In the middle of the exposure.
and adjustable delay of start an flash :)

possible? :)
ML 2.3 | EOS 60D | EF-50mm F/1,4 USM | CACTUS V5 | JINBEI DPIII-600

a1ex

I don't quite understand.

If you want to make a sound somewhere in the middle of exposure, you can use a loud beep (similar to autofocus beep). This one is easy.

Triggering the flash from ML is difficult, no idea where to start.

ituner

Sorry for my bad English! (I use Google translator.)
I mean something like: "Bulb Timer" + "Audio Flash Trigger" + "Flash Delay".
ML 2.3 | EOS 60D | EF-50mm F/1,4 USM | CACTUS V5 | JINBEI DPIII-600

Digital Guy

I was requesting ML to trigger the flash in BULB mode when a sound is emitted. No focusing or exposure settings is required.
Magic Lantern v2.3 installed on both Canon 60D's with 17-85 & 10-22 & 18-250mm lenses. Canon EOS-M EOSM-FD adapter. Crazy about HDR timelapse photography, I'm experimenting with HDR video and use Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editor and Photomatix Pro