Global Draw in HDMI output

Started by kaco, November 08, 2016, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaco

Is there a chance to include global draw into the HDMI mirrored stream? It would be great to be able to use EVF and still see if the mlv_rec module is rolling for instance.

PaulHarwood856

Hey kaco,

Which camera are you using? 5D Mark III is the only Magic Lantern enabled DSLR that can mirror both on screen and on a monitor. Do you have the camera with you, maybe you can try to see? Also, another solution if you have a camera that doesn't mirror is to use a monitor with the capability of HDMI out, then send the signal to another monitor for a Director to see. You can use this wirelessly or wired I believe.

- Paul Harwood

kaco

Quote from: PaulHarwood856 on November 09, 2016, 03:23:59 AM
Hey kaco,

Which camera are you using? 5D Mark III is the only Magic Lantern enabled DSLR that can mirror both on screen and on a monitor. Do you have the camera with you, maybe you can try to see? Also, another solution if you have a camera that doesn't mirror is to use a monitor with the capability of HDMI out, then send the signal to another monitor for a Director to see. You can use this wirelessly or wired I believe.

- Paul Harwood

With 5Dm3 and HDMI output set to clean 1080p, there is no overlay (global draw). 1080p is great for focusing, but when shooting raw, you are never 100 % sure that the camera is recording. You won't see the recording icon.

PaulHarwood856

Hey kaco,

Ok I understand. I don't have a 5D Mark III, but I believe there's a 5D Mark III raw video group here on the forum. I would try asking your question there as well for more feedback.

- Paul Harwood