Liveview zoom and battery issue (2.3)?

Started by JonSmith, July 31, 2012, 12:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonSmith

Just downloaded and installed 2.3 on my Canon 5D MkII.  Love it for the most part - the HDR, focus stacking and intervalometer is awesome stuff!
My biggest nit is I can no longer use the zoom button in Liveview.  I can do Magic Zoom and set that to do 3:1 but it's still not as good as a full screen zoom for macro focusing.
I almost have to believe it's a setting but I'll be dipped if I can find it and I've darn near been through them all.
Secondly - I went to try again after a day and the camera was dead from an almost fully charged battery yesterday.  I double checked and no functions like intervalometer were active.  I stuck in a fresh battery and will check later for battery drain.  It is my assumption that unless you are in Liveview standby or a timer function is active the drain should not be any worse.  Is this correct?

a1ex

JonSmith

That might address the problem I had with the battery - thanks! But nothing about liveview full zoom.

Michael Zöller

Have you tried turning off AF on your lens?
neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40

JonSmith

Quote from: Michael Zöller on July 31, 2012, 07:50:35 PM
Have you tried turning off AF on your lens?
That worked!  Thanks!
I hate that I can't use continuous focus but I'll take what I can get.

BTW - I hate the friggin captcha on this forum  absolutely boneheaded and unreadable.