How do you change shot interval in intervalmeter

Started by bdr1, July 30, 2012, 05:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdr1

Downloaded the new ML 2.3 a couple days ago and am loving it.  Would like to play with the intervalmeter but can not figure out how to adjust the interval between shots.  Going to the submenue (Picturestyle button on my 5DII) it only gives me a choice to adjust the start delay time and the total number of shots but not the interval between shots.  It is currently set at 10 seconds.

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

bdr1

Thanks for great help!!   So Mr. All Knowing and Helpful, can you please show me where in the User Guide that this wealth of knowledge is?  Please see the section from the guide reprinted below.  The settings in the submenu are 1.) Duration between shots 2.)Start Delay 3.)Stop after X pics and 4.)Duration of movie clip

The submenu options on my 5DII only show 2-4, with option 1 missing.  This is either a firmware glitch or I am missing some special button combination to get there.

Hopefully someone on this site who whats to help rather than chastise people will take the time to answer this time.

REPRINT FROM USER GUIDE BELOW:

Take pictures or movies at fixed intervals.
You can stop the intervalometer by rotating the mode dial, by pressing MENU or PLAY, or by turning off the camera.
Settings (in submenu):
Duration between two shots.
Start delay (up to 8 hours).
Stop after X pictures.
In movie mode only: duration of a movie clip.
Tips:
To avoid flicker, shoot in manual mode, use manual white balance, avoid short exposure times and use a manual lens (if you use an EF lens, lock the aperture and unscrew it).
To make a timelapse without increasing shutter count, do not use the intervalometer; instead, set FPS override to a very low value (for example, 3fps) and start recording.
When using the intervalometer in LiveView with noisy mode, your shutter will wear twice as fast than outside LiveView.
If the intervalometer can't be stopped (it may happen in crazy mode), turn the camera off or open the card door.
Power Saving:
When not in LiveView, press DISP or INFO to turn the display off.
In LiveView, ML will turn the display and the sensor off during idle times if you enable this option from Powersave menu.
While the intervalometer is running, the card led will blink once per second to let you know it's alive and kicking.

kihlbahkt

If the option is not available you probabaly hid it via the MENU button. Go to that setup and hit MENU and try to re-display the option. It should tell you hidden options for each menu item. If not that. not sure what is going on.
Good luck.
600D x2

ilguercio

Help menu is all you need, have you ever noticed it?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

jbuy41

I think he is asking for help.  I have searched forums, menus, instructions, ...dah dah.  and sometimes you just dont get it.  If you want to make a fortune then write a ML for Dummies.

francescosbg

go to intervalometer and press Q so u get into the sub menuĀ“.....should work then ? greez

bdr1

OK I figured this out on my own.  I started playing around with different buttons and combinations and realized that hitting the MENU button after going into the submenu (hitting the PictureStyle button on my 5DII) changes the highlight area from a blue background to a red background.  Hitting the MENU button again will cycle whatever option is highlighted from red with white letters to red with grey letters.  If you accept after a change to red with grey letters, that option will disappear after you reset.  Go back in and change to red with white letters, reset, and then that option will be available again.

I caused this myself since when I first started playing around with the various setting and options in ML, I inadvertantly hit the regular Canon Menu button and noticed how blue highlight changed to red, I then hit it again to see if it would reset to blue background and noticed it just changed the highlighted lettering from white to grey and back again.

I have since done a little testing and found that this is repeated in other submenus.  So lesson learned, be very carefull if you accidentally hit the regular Canon Menu button and hightlighted background changes from blue to red.  Double check that you have not greyed out one of the options and then carefully back out of the menu settings.

Thanks to those of you who actually tried to help vs assume I was an idiot who did not know how to read userguides. 

ilguercio

ML control button are all explained in the HELP submenu.
Also, MENU button is expected to work like that, to hide those submenus you don't use so you can get a cleaner view of the menu.
It's not the fact that you ask, it is the fact that you made it look like those instructions weren't even in the ML HELP guide.
I just want to point out that reading the manual is enough for understanding how ML works, no need to do trial and error without knowing what will happen.
Have you found the HELP menu anyway?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.