BERLIN - the inner layer // ML RAW

Started by jackmoro, October 26, 2016, 11:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

Welcome to the city of Berlin. Modern, strong and aggressive.

ML RAW, 6D+VAF, 5D3.

Thanks for watching.

// Alex

Lars Steenhoff

very nice!

what was the lens on the camera?

Simonwb

Thanks for sharing. I think it's great technically, I like the transitions and camera movement; but overall, the film portrays the city to me as hectic, chaotic even?  Maybe that's just me, I live in a rural village of just 50 houses, about as different as you can get from a city the size of Berlin!
5D3.123 | 5D4 | C100ii | 16-35 f4 | 24-105 f4ii | 70-200 f2.8ii | 50 f1.2 | 100 f2.8 | Samyang 16, 24, 35, 50, 85, 135

jackmoro

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on October 27, 2016, 03:43:42 AM
very nice!

what was the lens on the camera?

Thanks. Mostly Tamron 24-70/2.8. There's no much time to change lens when filming in street ;)

jackmoro

Quote from: Simonwb on October 27, 2016, 08:21:26 AM
Thanks for sharing. I think it's great technically, I like the transitions and camera movement; but overall, the film portrays the city to me as hectic, chaotic even?  Maybe that's just me, I live in a rural village of just 50 houses, about as different as you can get from a city the size of Berlin!

Thanks Simon. Well, actually Berlin doesn't look like village. And yes, its most chaotic EU city imo. But more or less, it's organized chaos.

dfort

Beautiful cinematography and I love the editing. We were in Berlin just last month on vacation and you captured the essence of that city, at least for someone who was trying to take in as much as possible in just a couple of days.

You are also listing a 6D+VAF as a second camera. Are you also shooting MLV on it? What settings? How's the VAF working out for you--I'm assuming it is the one from Mosaic Engineering?

jackmoro

Quote from: dfort on October 28, 2016, 01:34:19 AM
Beautiful cinematography and I love the editing. We were in Berlin just last month on vacation and you captured the essence of that city, at least for someone who was trying to take in as much as possible in just a couple of days.

You are also listing a 6D+VAF as a second camera. Are you also shooting MLV on it? What settings? How's the VAF working out for you--I'm assuming it is the one from Mosaic Engineering?

Thanks!

Yes, I'm shooting everything in MLV format. What settings for 6D you're asking for?
I can't film with 6D w/o VAF (Mosaic En) since first time I've used it. It limits camera use tho: you can't make good photos (blurry), you can't use ML crop mode (blurry), you can't use VD ND (moiré and aliasing can show up anywhere), but on other hand if you forget about these limitations you're quite free to shot with any angle, texture and patterns.

rainless

Beautiful video. I live in Berlin... we'll have to meet up one of these days. (I'm this guy: http://youtube.com/c/dhienterprises )

I'm probably picking up a 5D Mark II tomorrow (over the Panasonic GX80)... just because I miss Magic Lantern and my DSLRController app so much...

You should make a "Making of" this video...
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

KelvinK

Oh, almost missed it. This is fantastic, man! Love the cinematography, editing, sound... and honestly,  making of could be a great deal for all
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Ali Oliya

Wonderful! neat cut! mind sharing some details on the color grading process?  good job.