New server - Please report any problems with the site here

Started by escho, October 11, 2016, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitor

Use https://builds.magiclantern.fm/ HTTP->HTTPS redirection is broken. Notified people to fix it.

[e] g3gg0 fixed that redirect, so should work properly now.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

C T Mok

scriptmonkey

Hi, I am a new user. Not sure if it is a server issue, but my post at https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25781.msg239974#msg239974 awaits moderation for days already.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: scriptmonkey on August 24, 2022, 12:45:48 AM
Hi, I am a new user. Not sure if it is a server issue, but my post at https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25781.msg239974#msg239974 awaits moderation for days already.

Hey, thanks for reporting. I think It was a small bug . . I couldn't see your first pending post, your first post has been approved by g3gg0.

masc

Notification via email seems not to work. Do you have the same problem?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

PaulHarwood856

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 08, 2020, 04:25:45 AM
Also I can't set Avatar by URL link, after I put the link and save changes, a message appear settings updated but actually nothing has updated, and URL box will still empty.

Did you find a solution to this theBilalFakhouri? My profile picture is gone and I can't seem to create an avatar by URL link... Thanks.

- Paul

theBilalFakhouri

@PaulHarwood856

I asked a1ex (forum admin) about it a long time ago, he told me this feature was disabled, because of spammers . . they are probably putting spammy profile pitctures.
And until now, it seems it still disabled. I don't know if there is a workaroud for spammy profile pitctures, I am not very familier with forums, also I am not an admin.

We probably need to discuss that with g3gg0 (forum admin) or Audionut (global moderator), they are being online on Discord, and they probably can discuss that.

PaulHarwood856

@theBilalFakhouri

Ok I understand. Thank you for the quick reply. I'll have to check out Discord, thanks for the info.

- Paul

reddeercity

So what happen here ? I'm lost can't even found the latest posts it's so out of place even going to desktop version doesn't help . I hope the old site is coming back soon. Even searching window I can't found this deftly is going to put a damper on my work in general sorry don't mean to be negative here but "it it's not broke don't fix it" so was there a problem with the old site?
And what with the "I agree" thing when I logged in ? It doesn't even give the terms of the agreement so what I'm I Agreeing too here ?

Walter Schulz

Minor issue:
"Recent Posts" now shows *every* latest post.

Former version: Only *latest* post in a thread.

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Walter Schulz

That was not what I meant. Thus a busy thread will make new entries in other threads invisible.
Can you restore the old forum scheme?

Other thing: Odd feeling with font in reply window. Different font? EDIT: Yes, Quick Reply, modify are using a different font.

And wiki is offline.

iaburn

I like the new design, I wish there would be more smileys to choose from  :D
Still details to polish, like people is pointing out, but good feeling overall

g3gg0

magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

theBilalFakhouri

Yay, I can change my profile photo now, thanks g3gg0 for bringing it back!
(it was disabled in the past for spammy reasons)

@g3gg0
This gif seems missing:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/Themes/default/images/membericons/starcon.gif

I think it's used in Contributor profiles, e.g. Walter profile look like this:

While other profiles have these colored squares:

kitor

Quote from: reddeercity on February 22, 2024, 12:58:05 AMSo what happen here ? I'm lost can't even found the latest posts it's so out of place even going to desktop version doesn't help . I hope the old site is coming back soon.

SMF (forum script) was updated to a new major version. Not sure if old style (which was default SMF style for years) is even included with the new one.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on February 22, 2024, 01:44:36 AMFormer version: Only *latest* post in a thread.

Ah yes, that felt odd while beta testing update yesterday - but I didn't catch what exactly has changed, only that something did.

Quote from: reddeercity on February 22, 2024, 12:58:05 AMAnd what with the "I agree" thing when I logged in ? It doesn't even give the terms of the agreement so what I'm I Agreeing too here ?
Already gone or I'm not sure where it is?
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

theBilalFakhouri

Not that important but, @g3gg0 it seems you disabled location setting completely?
Because the new update made it displayed under account name in every post.

IIRC it was public in the past, but also it was only displayed when you visit someone profile . .

kitor

Too many Canon cameras.

kitor

All video embeds are broken. Turns out prior to now SMF had to use a plugin, now they support the same tags out of the box... but changed how they work because why not.

There's a workaround posted on their forums... hopefully it will fix them without editing all posts in database.
Too many Canon cameras.

g3gg0

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on February 22, 2024, 10:52:00 AMNot that important but, @g3gg0 it seems you disabled location setting completely?
Because the new update made it displayed under account name in every post.

IIRC it was public in the past, but also it was only displayed when you visit someone profile . .
Enabled again

kitor

Videos, both youtube and vimeo should be fixed. Took a plugin... and some fixes to that plugin.
If any is still not playing (but if you use qoute to get the link and it plays fine directly on vimeo/yt), please link it in this topic.

Also InfoCenter shows again just the last message in given topic.
Too many Canon cameras.

iaburn

Awesome work, thank you! The embedded videos work better now, before they were too big, taking the whole width  :D

Walter Schulz