New server - Please report any problems with the site here

Started by escho, October 11, 2016, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Apparently ibb.co / imgbb.com is now blocked by uBlock Origin (I have to disable it in order to see the images from this forum, hosted there). Need to do something about it.

ilia3101

wtf! I go to the effort of only embedding the image in my posts without wacky ibb links or javascript, but even my images are hidden, I think they went a bit too far with blocking it. Might as well block all images hosted on amazon or google servers.

The forum used to have an "add image" thing that went to imgbb, can that be added back but with some other upload site?

kitor

As for Twitter on home page, I accidentally posted this in EOS M thread  :-[

The code is there, but it's commented - so it was intentional.
Maybe it stopped working? I checked and current widget embed code is slightly different than one on site: https://publish.twitter.com/
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

a1ex

The code is there, but it's commented - so it was intentional.
Maybe it stopped working? I checked and current widget embed code is slightly different than one on site: https://publish.twitter.com/

Yes, it stopped working on May 25, 2018. Once I'll sort out that issue, I'll add it back :)

Quotewtf! I go to the effort of only embedding the image in my posts without wacky ibb links or javascript, but even my images are hidden, I think they went a bit too far with blocking it. Might as well block all images hosted on amazon or google servers.

Almost figured out how to re-host the images. Still some edge cases not handled correctly, but... it's a start.

The forum used to have an "add image" thing that went to imgbb, can that be added back but with some other upload site?

Yes, but I need help from somebody familiar with these things. See previous suggestion about PictShare.

Walter Schulz

Firefox Quantum 68.4.1esr (64-Bit) with Noscript:
"Recently Updated Topics" missing. Worked about 15 minutes ago.

Opera not affected.

names_are_hard

Works for me, same browser, same bitness.  Noscript, too.  I tested with scripts allowed and disallowed for magiclantern.fm and jquery.com.  (I guess we're both Debian to have such an old FF :) )

Walter Schulz

I have to confess I'm running something by some guys located in Redmond. X-rated, sort of.
And for some real good reasons I cannot remember for life I'm running FF ESR and we have to wait until 2020/09/22 for FF ESR 78.3.

names_are_hard

I forgive you, for I use Windows at work so I too am unclean.  Really similar apart from that, so it might be some Windows FF thing.  Or just a Windows thing :P

Walter Schulz

Chrome on Android: Same problem as FF.
Looks like a site problem...

names_are_hard

But I can see Recently Updated Topics fine.  Works on my Chrome + Android too.

Luther

Works for me. I'm using FF 72.0.1 on Windows, with javascript disabled and ublock.

Walter Schulz

Facepalm time

Was this button there all the time? If there is some mercyful admin able to remove it and set default to "-" ...

names_are_hard

Hah!  I had never noticed that button before.  Strangely, I don't have it for Info Center, only the other topics.

Walter Schulz

Thanks to a mercyful admin:
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore."

Aperture Science

Hold on, The forum cannot use any avatar right now?

After I entered an picture URL, it gives me "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

theBilalFakhouri

Also I can't set Avatar by URL link, after I put the link and save changes, a message appear settings updated but actually nothing has updated, and URL box will still empty.

Walter Schulz

Some weird strings in nighty build pages for 5D3 1.1.3 and 1.2.3:
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/5D3-113.html -> Installation

Notes
\u000d\u000a\u000d\u000aFirmware 1.1.3 is recommended for regular use, unless you need any of those features from Canon:\u000d\u000a

\u000d\u000a
    clean HDMI out
    \u000d\u000a
    dual monitor support (internal+external)
    \u000d\u000a
    AF at f/8 with teleconverters
    \u000d\u000a

\u000d\u000a\u000d\u000a

If you need anything from the above list, please upgrade to 1.2.3.
\u000d\u000a\u000d\u000a

However, please be aware some ML features are not present in 1.2.3 (see the Features tab and the 1.1.3 forum thread).
\u000d\u000a\u000d\u000a
Recommended card setup
\u000d\u000a\u000d\u000a

\u000d\u000a
    install Magic Lantern to an SD card
    \u000d\u000a
    use CF card(s) for taking pictures or recording videos
    \u000d\u000a

\u000d\u000a\u000d\u000aHowever, any card configuration may be used.\u000d\u000a\u000d\u000a

Kharak

I am unable to log in when using duckduckgo browser on ios, I get this message:

"Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again."

It works with Safari. I suppose it has something to do with duckduckgo's privacy settings or no cookie policy. it used to work no problem. Could also be a bug on duckduckgo's behalf.
once you go raw you never go back

Kharak

I was IP banned today. I do use VPN, but had to look long to find an IP that would allow me in. I also could not log in to report the issue.

@Walter, I appreciate if you maybe limit your Spam IP list or narrow it down somehow.

Walter Schulz

Kharak

My apologies, thought it was you posting about the Spam filter.

@Audionut

Audionut

I found two previously used IP's in the range blocked because spam reasons. The related IP lists were added fairly recently, so they may have worked previously.

IPs used in error messages doesn't match any of the blocked ranges though. If you want to shoot me a PM with the IP's you have trouble with I can look into it further.

Hopefully you were greeted by a message such as this:
QuoteYour IP has been marked as a spam host. If you believe this is in error please message a global moderator. You might also try Discord: https://discord.gg/uaY8akC

If not, it may be an older block that hasn't had it's message updated.

These blocks are all manual. Until the forum software gains some form of automated spam list protection, the lists will remain manual based (so may become outdated). Given the level of spam that has been reduced by aggressively blocking IP ranges lately (and yes, I have been nuking VPN hosts if they host spam bots), the IP block list is only going to grow larger, not smaller. Again, PM's will help with IP's being blocked as I might be able to weed out false positives.

C T Mok

The site was down yesterday but now up again.

However the download links are still not working. Can someone take a look pls. Thx

names_are_hard

They work fine for me.  Can you give an example link that doesn't work?  Thanks.

C T Mok

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I still can't get the link working. The URL shows http://builds.magiclantern.fm/
The web page shows "This page isn't workingbuilds.magiclantern.fm didn't send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"
Same on MBP or IMAC on Chrome.
However I just found out that it works on my iphone. Strange.
Thank you for looking into the matter.