New server - Please report any problems with the site here

Started by escho, October 11, 2016, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

I have iphone and since yesterday the forum is all screwed up. Looks like it is trying to display in desktop mode, but the format doesn't fit.

Indeed, I've upgraded the SMF theme to this one, which is supposed to be a little more mobile-friendly. I don't use a smartphone, so I have little or no idea how this forum feels like, on small devices. Of course, I can simulate the look by resizing the browser, or borrow a smartphone to try, but... I don't know how it should be. Should I revert this change and go back to default theme?

Also, if you can suggest a SMF theme that works well on smartphones, I'm all ears.

ilia3101

I actually noticed it's much much nicer on mobile now. Really good upgrade!

Danne

Danne

Having trouble to use search within a forum post. Usually while being inside a forum thread you are able to use search from within the topic you´re in. Can´t get it working now. It goes out searching through all threads.

Where is the search bar anyway? On vacay?

a1ex

Seems to work fine here. For example, if I go into the big crop_rec_4k thread and if I type "download" (a pretty generic word) in the search box on the top right, I only get results from that topic. Or, right here in this topic, if I type "search", I only get 3 results (all from this topic). If I do the same from the main page, I get many pages with results from different topics.

I did enable whole-word matching, as I've searched for LED a few days ago and also got matches for "installed" and many other unrelated words. But that shouldn't interfere with the search-within-topic feature...

The search box is visible in Ilia's screenshot, btw.

Danne

It´s a firefox issue(on mac) Safari was working fine but not firefox:

a1ex

Click on the little chevron on the top right; it should reveal the missing buttons.

This was present before the upgrade, too, according to archive.org (I've never noticed it before).

Kharak

I prefer the forum like it was, everything is so crammed, like this reply box i am writing in now. This is the 4th line down already..(5th)

Videos on the forum dont fit, i have to zoom out very far or scroll far right to find the middle play button on Youtube vids.

I suppose i like that it was so similar to the desktop version on the phone.

once you go raw you never go back

masc

@Kharak: no problem to go back: on firefox mobile, click the menu dots, then click "Desktop Page" (or similar). Then it looks like before. In chrome app there should be something similar too...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: a1ex on May 22, 2019, 05:26:45 PM
Click on the little chevron on the top right; it should reveal the missing buttons.

This was present before the upgrade, too, according to archive.org (I've never noticed it before).
hehe, too funny. Working again.

a1ex

Indeed, videos are not resized properly. This is not new; the older theme had the same problem (but I guess the mobile browsers displayed a zoomed-out version, masking the issue).

Anyone good at CSS, to fix it? I don't feel like reverse engineering SMF themes...

kitor

For RWD 16:9 videos I always used this CSS, don't remember original source now:
.embed-container {
    position:       relative;
    padding-bottom: 56.25%;   /* 16/9 ratio */
/*  padding-top:    30px; /* IE6 workaround*/
    height:         0;
    overflow:       hidden;
    margin-bottom:  10px;
    border-radius:  2px;
    z-index:        1;
    }

.embed-container iframe,
.embed-container object,
.embed-container embed,
.embed-container div.embed {
    position:       absolute;
    top:            0;
    left:           0;
    width:          100%;
    height:         100%;
    }

Of course whatever is inserted inside has to have no width/height set. This worked at least for YT, FB and I think Vimeo videos.
And you may add max-width to .embed-container since it will fill parent (which was expected in my case)
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

reddeercity

Can't embed photo's anymore - no options for it ! or I can't Edit old Posts either .
My Iphone is all messed up also  , can't get to my emails too ,  what going on ? 
Can some please roll back this update or what ever it was , it all worked fine before .

reddeercity

Trying to modify my first post in 3K/UHD 5D2 Raw development and Other Digic IV Cams and there no modify button at all , i had to made another post to write this , i couldn't even modify it to add to it . 

Edit : Thanks modify button is back !

a1ex

Editing: solved, it was a permission issue.

Imgbb integration: no, not going to happen. Even if g3gg0 trusted them a while ago, I don't share the same opinion.

I am, however, considering other options - suggestions welcome. The easiest way would be to enable uploads on our server, but I want to understand the security implications first. I'd also like to re-host existing images (or attempt to restore them from archive.org where possible).

FYI, these upgrades are not done for the lulz. They should have been done years ago.

Luther

Quote from: a1ex on May 23, 2019, 07:57:40 AM
Even if g3gg0 trusted them a while ago, I don't share the same opinion.

I agree. They require shady javascript. Using iframes linking to JS bloated websites is bad.
I've been using Pictshare for some time and it works. They seem to require JS for upload, but they give a hard link after it and it loads only the file, nothing more (unlike imgur and imgbb).
Of course, if you want something trustworthy you need to self-host.

Another idea for more privacy would be to redirect youtube links to Invidious.

a1ex

Thanks for the suggestions; Pictshare looks a lot more reasonable.

Maybe some automatic self-hosting bot, uploading things to our server after a moderator approves the post, could work without exposing us too much. There are plenty of spam images that I don't want to be hosted on this server. You don't usually see them, as new users have to be approved by moderators before their posts appear. The unfortunate side effect is that posts of new users appear with some delay, ranging from a few hours to a few weeks (as the moderators are also working in their spare time - like everyone else).

I also like the idea of no-JS video playback from Invidious. Now, to figure out how to integrate it with SMF...

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks @Luther for pointing this thread to my attention. Good to know!

I'll definitely refrain from using ibb.co going forward then.

Btw pictshare seems very nice. Will try that.  :)
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

garry23

If we are using pictshare now, can someone please clarify how one embeds an image in a post.

I see a YouTube button, a Vimeo button and an i button.

Cheers

Garry

Luther

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on November 08, 2019, 11:36:02 PM
Btw pictshare seems very nice. Will try that.  :)
Definetly better, privacy wise. But not perfect, as we don't own the server and can't know whats going on on their end.
Quote from: garry23 on November 08, 2019, 11:49:56 PM
If we are using pictshare now, can someone please clarify how one embeds an image in a post.
Same as before @garry23, using "img":
[img]https://pictshare.net/xxx.jpg[/img]
More correct version:

[url=https://pictshare.net/xxx.jpg][img width=800]https://pictshare.net/xxx.jpg[/img][/url]

garry23

Dmytro_ua

Could you please check loading avatar picture. I insert a link from https://pictshare.net/, save changes, but nothing happens. I use Chrome on Win10
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

theBilalFakhouri

In the past (about 1 year ago or a bit more) I could see a the tweets or a part of tweet in a box under "@autoexec.bin on Twitter" text and I could scroll between them and click on it to view the tweet I chose on Twitter in a new page , it was a fast and cool preview of new tweets , Who made that box disappear ?  :'(
News-Box" border="0

Please return it , it was cool and nicer than this empty white space , anyone used to click on tweets from that Box? Say something :P

DeafEyeJedi

I second this as well @theBilalFakhour! It'd be nice to have that back.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

Minor issue, I suppose:
Builds for
mlv_play.mo, mlv_rec.mo, mlv_snd.mo
ML API Docs, features.html
generated daily without changes.
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/view/All/