Hong Kong Timelapse & Hyperlapse

Started by nk87, October 03, 2016, 03:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nk87

Hong Kong is a vibrant city of skyscrapers with beautiful views, a major gateway to China. This film I shot in September 2015.

Equipment:
Canon 2x60d, 70d
Sigma 10-20 mm 4.0-5.6
Tokina 11-16 mm 2.8
Samyang 8 mm 3.5
Canon 17-55 mm 2.8
Canon 70-200 mm 4L
Vanguard Abeo Pro tripod
GoPro Hero 4
Software:
Adobe After Effects, Lightroom, LRTimelapse
ML intervalometer

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

D_Odell

Truly impressive! Could never have done it myself. How much post-time for this kind of film?
Thanks for sharing!
5D3 [size=6pt](OLPF removed)[/size] :: 1.1.3 :: Canon FD L Serie

SpcCb

Very good job Kirill, very dynamic like this city, and a step better than the Porto TL/HL ! ;)

dfort

Two thumbs up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeafEyeJedi

Kept going back to the 1:50 mark. To achieve from shooting wide to tight while keeping the subject in place is absolute stunning and excellent work once again @nk87!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

nk87

Thanks! I shot it durind 2 weeks in my spare-time. Postproduction was about 3-4 weeks

calebdescognets

fantastic editing job my friend.  It's crazy how seamless your cuts are.  I'm assuming these are mostly cr2 raw timelapses that were locked off on the tripod and then you used digital zooms/pans/and tilts to achieve the look.  For the time-lapse shots where the camera moves slowly around an objects did you just move the tripod incrementally after each shot and then stack them in post so the framing was consistent across the board or did you use a motorized slider? 

bakersdozen

Awesome hyperlapse work mate. Following to hear your responses [emoji1]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

EOS M + 5D3

julienpierb

That is impressive!
Some of the camera movements are just out of this world.

nk87

I didn't use slider in this video. Only tripod and camera

limey

Looks like raw video sped up for zoomed tracking shots like the boats. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g3gg0

i am so impressed of the magic you repeatedly can present with your hyperlapses.
if i talk to someone and want to explain what people can do with DSLRs, i always end up showing your hyperlapses.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

nk87

limey, no, I shot only photos for this.

g3gg0, it's pleasure to know that :)

limey

nk87,
Are you shooting two cameras at one time for the zoom shots? One camera wide, the other much tighter on the subject with enough room to zoom in post?