intervalometer stacking for star trails?

Started by russellsnr, July 31, 2012, 11:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsnr

Hi, I have the new ML installed for about a week and have been trying to work out how I can set the  intervalometer so the camera will take a photo at say 30 seconds duration then have a two second gap and take another at 30 seconds and another and so on so I can use the photo/s for photo stacking but when I set the  intervalometer instead of taking frames at the time set ( shutter stays open 30 seconds) then close then 2 seconds opens take another 30 second exposure the camera just keeps firing every two seconds. Can this be done? The 30 second exposure with 2 seconds between each frame capture?
Canon 600D/T3i. and have set the shutter to 30 seconds with the camera in 'M' mode
Many thanks and hope someone understands the question.
Russ

francescosbg

It works for me if I change in Manual Mode to "bulb" and set intervalometer to "on, 2s" and the bulb timer also in ML to 30 sec.......maybe you ad mirror lockup and timer, hope it answered your question ! greets from Austria, Franz :D

russellsnr

Quote from: francescosbg on July 31, 2012, 01:07:22 PM
It works for me if I change in Manual Mode to "bulb" and set intervalometer to "on, 2s" and the bulb timer also in ML to 30 sec.......maybe you ad mirror lockup and timer, hope it answered your question ! greets from Austria, Franz :D

Hi, Many thanks from me in Rhodes GREECE 8)
Russ