Advanced Bracket having intermittent issues- Straying from defined # Exposures

Started by AJ, September 28, 2016, 06:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ

I'm primarily a real estate photographer and just moved from my faithful 60D to the 5D3. I'm wondering if anyone has any inkling as to why after 10 or 15 successful 4 bracket shots, ML would start to take 6 or 7 shots? I can go all day long on the 60D without a single error, but the 5D3 is tripping up. Battery and card removal/reinsert seems to temporarily correct the issue, but it is a ticking time bomb.

My settings are as follows:
SD and CF cards installed. Both with ML on them.
4 Exposures
1.5 EV increments
0++
2s delay @ Auto

Any insight is greatly appreciated! I'll update if I find anything out myself.

Walter Schulz

AJ

I'm using the most recent nightly build- I believe it was Aug 24th. I'm not as versed in some of the technical parts of ML, and am not sure what a module is. Also, what are you referring to by exposure time? The length of exposure varies from shot to shot and I don't have a solid answer on that.

Could some setting in the camera's menu be tripping it up? I reset the camera setting back to factory, which did nothing. Other things I wondered about were SD card not behaving and using an HDMI field monitor.

Happened again at a shoot today after about the 10th shot of 4 1.5 EV brackets.

Thanks again for any help on this. It's killing my workflow :(

Walter Schulz

Sorry, unable to follow.
What are your troubles with SD-card and external monitor?

Please zip content of ML\Settings of both cards. Upload content somewhere and link zipped files here.
Which ML version are you using? Exact data and firmware version, please! To obtain: Help tab.

AJ

Version is Nightly.2016AUG24.5d3123

I'm not having trouble with the SD card or monitor, I brought them up in case there were any known issues relating to how this part of the software may be affected by such things.

Here is a link to the ML files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjdgn7lhgm7dd7f/ML%20ZIP.zip?dl=0

Hope this information is helpful to you, and thank you so much for digging in!

a1ex

If I understand well, it sometimes takes more pictures than you have requested from the menu (such as, 7 instead of 4)? If so, what shutter speeds do these pictures have, and what shutter speeds did you expect?