Slower focus step in timelapses

Started by Baly23, July 30, 2012, 03:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baly23

Hi!
Tonight I shot a day to night timelapse with ML 2.3 using focus starting further and then coming every frame near the camera. But it start on the first frame so the sunset is out of focus.
In a next version of ML, could I set "after how many frames start focus ramping" and setting lower speed for it, like 1 step every 4 or 5 frames and again stop focus ramping after x frames?

Great job for the latest release ;)

screamer

hi, i like a lot your idea. and growing up with the dreams, would be nice to have a way to keyframe all the aspects of a timelapse (for example a keyframed interval time for acceleration/deceleration, or a keyframed combination of time and aperture, with a timelapse starting with sharp crips movements and ending with a long expo look, or again keyframing the focus or the white balance over time).
in my unexperienced vision, the most difficult thing about that should be to create a sort of guy for all that. whats about an external tool (a sort of timeliner capable of creating a script usable for magic lantern). so one can have a gui, set graphically the timelapse via keyframing on a timeline, export to a script, and load it in ml. in this way one can have a sort of templates with more behaviour. and last, for have a greatest control on the road, one can stretch the timline to a desired number of frames. for example i have a script starting with f1.4 and 1second, and ending with f6.3 and 30seconds time, and on the field i want that the duration of this timeline is 300shots.
it could be a precise and powerful way to program complex timelapses that i think for now are impossible also with the most pro hardware intervalometers
what do you think about it?
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

Baly23

Yeah! Maybe LUA scripting or something similar.
Directly from the camera or from TextEdit and then copy in the camera...
Can't wait ;)

surami

Timelapser's brains are on the same highway. :) I also started a similar topic.
550D + nightly ML

surami

I think we should start a big topic according to the timelapse feature requests/wishes.
- more advanced bulbramping
- more advanced focusramping
- stepper motor controll for multiple axis (dolly, pan & tilt)
- keyframing possibility
- etc.
and there we have to provide as much information as we can, I mean heaps of links.
550D + nightly ML

screamer

always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2