Looong time lapse - 700D - possible?

Started by nielsskovjoergensen, September 01, 2016, 11:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nielsskovjoergensen

Hi all.

I am looking for a setup, to make long time lapses at work. I am trying to capture the assembly of some machinery, which spans over 1-2 months, with a picture every 20-30 minut.

I would like a fully automatic setup and found magic lantern. I am considering buying a Canon 700D with an wifi sd-card, and a power adaptor

• Anyone experience with that long timelapses?
  • Does Magic lantern allow up 30 minutter between shots?
  • Is it possible to install magic lantern on a wifi sd-card and transfer every picture automatic to a computer?
Thank you in advance

Kind regards
Niels Skov Joergensen

ERokc

I'm new to ML and still working on getting time lapse working using a slow frame rate. 0.6 fps is the slowest but I get an assembled movie out of the camera. My problem is exposure control.

For your application I have had success in taking individual pictures using INTERVALOMETER in SHOOT tab.  It will take shots from 1 sec to 8 hr.  You should use manual settings as any change between shots cause flicker in your final movie. If you have varying light, set it for the middle exposure.

Hope this helps.

David

Walter Schulz

1. http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=17605.msg170142#msg170142
2. Answered
3. Eye-Fi X2 cards from the past are not supported. Other cards (Toshiba, Eye-Fi Mobi) are working.