How to download ML

Started by 1hdr4u, July 30, 2012, 03:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1hdr4u

I wanted to know first if the free(and latest) version of ML is available now or not till August. Next I would like to know what the procedure is to download it to my camera. Do I download it first to my computer and then transfer it to my camera? Thanks for any comments.

Schloime

Hi.
The full free version is available in august, but if you support the incredible work with a small donation (see donation buttons on the website) then you will get access right after the donation.

The program itself comes in a zip-file and needs to be unzipped on your computer, copied to a SD-card, and installed in the camera via firmware-update, although it isn't really a firmware update, it just takes that path (details can be read in the user guide, which is always free to download). Another way would be via EOS-utility, but there again as firmware-update.

Hope I could help.
600D, EF-S 17-85, EF-S 55-200, SNS-HDR, Photoshop7, Lightroom, Lightwave, Lightworks, Light everywhere

a1ex

The EOS utility way is only for Canon firmware updates. For ML you really need to follow ML install instructions, not something else.