Audio Recording - which settings to choose with external Mic ?

Started by david61, July 29, 2012, 11:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrickw

hey guys, i need your help ! i just bought the ecz-990 azden microphone for my canon t3i/600d. the problem is: i cant reduce the audio noise. i´ve tried to reduce the audio recording with the manual settings on the 600d but there is still a lot of noise.... first i wanted to reduce it by doing some settings with magic lantern but then i realized that there is no way to chnage the audio settings in magic lantern for the 600d .... so i end up with a new mic but the same awful quality as the built in mic ....

sorry formy bad english :D
-patrick

1%

5D3shooter

Sorry if this was answered before, but my .WAV files are like an hour long on the timeline when I import them (even though they're like a minute long).  Is that just how it is?  Also, do you guys have to align your .WAV files, or do they automatically sync up?  I'm asking because mine seem like they're on the wrong FPS or something (drifting pretty bad) but the framrate is correct.

Mickeyboo

I wasn't able to find where I can set the SD card to record audio.  Is this feature still available?  I read someone remarking that the
audio on the video raw builds is not very good when written to the SD card....I don't need good audio just reference audio to aid in
syncing with professional recorder patched into a mixing console.  Where can I find the setting and test the quality in ML Raw Video
builds.  I'm using a 5D Mark 3.  Cheers and thanks in advance for your response even if you call me a moron at least I know someone read this.

EricPadilla

so for connecting RODE PRO MIC to my Canon dslr with ML installed I was getting too quiet audio with external mic switch set at "0".  So the setting has to be "+20db" on external mic and up to 32db on the gain?  With Canon manual setting just slightly above "0"?

treez

Hi Can you inform me what version of Magic Lantern you are using on your Canon 5D Mark III?
You can also email me at [email protected]

Thanxs...Brian

tomtom99

This used to be an extremely helpful thread and then the pros stopped responding, guys please help ..
everyone here has a similar problem.

I have a T3i and I connected my H2N to it externally.  i turned down the mic on the camera completely down to 0 and now the video wont record any audio at all

ML says that it has not audio setting for T3i, please help .. I am stumped.

Thank you