Cannot transfer footage from CF Card using card reader

Started by felttipfilms, November 10, 2013, 11:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felttipfilms

Hi there,

I just installed Magic Lantern for the first time to shoot a job last night.   Can see all the benefits straight away, however when I have come to transfer the files onto my Mac, once I have grabbed them and either copied them or dragged them onto a separate drive, the card ejects itself from the reader and I cant transfer the files.   I have tested with the SDHC card in the same reader and it is fine and the reader was perfect until I downloaded Magic Lantern. 

Any help on getting the files and preventing this happening in the future would be great. 

cheers

Walter Schulz

Replace cardreader and try again.
I would take Kingston FCR-HS3.

Ciao
Walter

felttipfilms

Hi Walter,

Cheers for that, but the cardreader works perfectly, I have tried it with other cards.   Or do you mean that it is not compatible with Magic Lantern?

Walter Schulz

Second: There is no such thing.
First: You have identical cards? Manufacturer, size, speed, controller firmware?

Give another cardreader a try if not.

Ciao, Walter

felttipfilms

All the cards are the same, apart from 1 has Magic Lantern on it and the others do not.   As soon as I put the Magic Lantern card in the reader and go to access any files on it, it shuts down.   

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

felttipfilms

RenatoPhoto - I thank you.  I tried it on a pc and managed to get the files from it no problem.   

So, this brings the new issue, how do I get the ML software to be compatible with my Mac?  Any ideas?

RenatoPhoto

Mac has some issues with cards and have been discussed in the forum.  I dont have a mac so I dont know any of the details.
Try the search function on the site and on Google.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X