MLVToMovie: MLV file converter for Mac OS X

Started by MarS, September 15, 2016, 07:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnay

OMG, this is just what I need!! I'm a total noob in terms of photography/videography but like the technology and like being able to shoot continuously at higher resolution. However, I have been struggling with workflow - I tried a lot of the myriad tools for ML and ended up with switch and davinci resolve, which is WAAAAAy too complicated for me but I managed to make it spit out quicktime movies in the end, which is really all I need so I can string them together in imovie (I know, how amateur!). :D

Anyways, MLVtoMovie worked great, and is exactly what I have been looking for! Thank you so much! It worked flawlessly and quickly, but I do have a question:

When I was using the latest ML nightly (14 bit) everything was find, but when I used the 10/12 bit build, MLVtoMovie stopped working (switch/resolve still works on these files however). I'm assuming it's because I'm using the 10bit output (for higher continuous resolution on my T3I/600d)? Is it possible you can make it work for 10/12 bit output?

Danne

You could try exchange mlv_dump inside Resources to a later version. Perhaps a version from inside Switch.

johnnay

Thanks, I tried that (via a simple copy/paste, is that what you meant?) - now after selecting the source folder, the app hangs with "reading data" showing for the MLV, and the 'Start' button is greyed out.

Danne