Cropmark issue

Started by joepeterwilson, July 29, 2012, 03:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joepeterwilson

Hi everyone!

I'm sure one of you must have run in to this problem before. Whenever I try to load 3rd party cropmarks, they always look a bit funny. I've attached a pic of how it looks. I got this cropmark from http://adhocmedia.co.uk/resources/ (it's the 2.40:1 red one)

Any help would be hugely appreciated! I'm running the Dec ML on a UK 550D. Cropmark doens't work on any of my cards.

Thanks!

screamer

Hi Joe,
first, your image is not visible directly in the forum because a bad link, here is the image:
Second, i've tried that cropmark, and on my canon60d simply the camera crash (probably because of memory). So i've opened the cropmark in photoshop, appllied the correct palette, exported uncompressed, compressed with my .bat (here is the post where you can download it if you are on windows)
anyway, i've managed to have the same cropmark, but with the right palette and right rle compression. and now it works, at least on my 60d.
here is the cropmark i've done
let me know if it works
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

joepeterwilson

That is spot on - thanks!

I'll have to go through them all myself then and do what you did. I'm going to change the semi-transparant bits to black, though (mixing this cropmark up with the stock scope one).

Thanks you the quick response too. I've been scratching my head over it for ages!