Reverse LUT effect

Started by 350D, September 05, 2016, 05:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

350D

Hello! I'm trying to create Instagram filters LUTs in DaVinci. How i'm trying to do that: I have a color calibrating chart (XRite) and i shoot two images: normal one with proper white balance and filtered one (screenshot from the Instagram where the filter already applied on my first image). Next - i can create my custom LUT in DaVinci using second image and Color Matching function for my color calibrating chart in DaVinci. But problem is — this LUT is about to convert filtered colors back to normal, so, how i can create "reversed" LUT based on this one? Or maybe i can create proper LUT directly in DaVinci, how?

If you have any other ideas about how to create LUT for my case, let me known!
Thank you!

Original image:

Filtered:

LUT (filtered to normal colors): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6744412/filter.cube

ItsMeLenny

The most basic why to create the hipstamatic effect is to bring up a levels or curves filter, go to the blue channel, increase the blues in the blacks, and decrease the blues in the whites. In the levels this is done in the output by moving the sliders toward the centre. In the curves this is done by making the diagonal line more horizontal.