Questions about a few features

Started by EOBeav, September 05, 2016, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOBeav

First of all, thanks to the many people who make ML possible. As a non-programmer, it's nice to be able to have some additional functionality in my 5DmkII via this software. I've been using it itinerantly for the last couple of years, mostly for the intervalometer, 5-exposure bracketing, and a few other such features. I'm wanting to dig more into video and am feeling like a beginner all over again.

• Several of the features in the ML menu seem to be grayed out, making them harder to see while I'm trying to use them in the field. Everything in the "Movie" menu is this way. My intuition tells me that it's this way because those features don't work with my setup, but they work just fine.  Specifically, it's a pain to adjust the FPS Override because the text is too hard to read, especially in the sunlight. Is there a way to make that gray text white in camera?  I'm not seeing it in the preferences.

• Is there a good tutorial for the Follow Focus feature? I've found one or two in YouTube, but they don't seem to be very helpful. The concept seems to be eluding me when I try messing around with it on the camera. Ideally, I'd like to be able to move from focus point A to focus point B at a given time during the video. 

• How is bulb ramping in ML being handled these days?  I'd like to be able to capture some sunrise/sunset shots and would kind of like to know how to approach that trick. 

• And finally, is it possible to use the FPS Override while maintaining a given exposure setting? I'd like to be able to do some daylight long exposure videos without attaching my 10-stop filter. If it matters, I generally shoot video in manual mode. I've tried each of the 'Optimize for..." settings but haven't had much luck.  I admit I might be missing an important concept about it.

Thanks in advance for whatever assistance you can give me, or any resources you can point me to.  I have read through the userguide wiki but am looking for something a little more in-depth.