shortfilm (mlraw)

Started by The Director, August 29, 2016, 11:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Director

A story without words about the demobilized soldier watching with drone for the neighbors

* Russian Short FF "Короче", RU, Kaliningrad 08.2016 Official selection
* Open Russian FF "Окно в Европу", RU, Viborg 07.2016 Internet Selection

Inspired by Fargo (TV series)
Now we prepare the feature film based on this shortfilm

All work in Davinci Resolve Studio 12
Shot on Canon 5D Mark III with Magic Lantern (ML RAW) and DJI Phantom 3

Francis Frenkel

Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

Deadcode

Are you using Wipster? It's an awesome tool for receiving feedbacks. (https://wipster.io/)
Several ideas and crticism came in to my mind while i watched your short film and this would be an easy way to share it with you

In short: the use of the lights and the colorgradeing was beautiful, the sound was great, the background music was good. Some of the camera angles was clever. Obviously you have the technical knowledge how to shoot film.
The first time were i was not looking the technical solutions is were the murderer is looking for the owner of the drone, and we are spying on him from behind of the curtain. The tension was building up.

But there were several unnecessary cuts, unnecessary scenes which are not forwarded the story to it's goal. Obviously you didnt have enough space in the house to get most of the camera angles. Also several question was not answered, and several problems were not solved in the storyline.

Summary: great job, we are waiting for more!

Lars Steenhoff

I dont know what you mean with budget $15?

is that for the pizza you ordered during the shoot?

The Director

Deadcode, thanks for your words!!

Lars Steenhoff, $15 - it's red paint :)

_OLLE_

did you use any luts? or how did you grade this! The colors is unreal!  :D

The Director

Simonwb

5D3.123 | 5D4 | C100ii | 16-35 f4 | 24-105 f4ii | 70-200 f2.8ii | 50 f1.2 | 100 f2.8 | Samyang 16, 24, 35, 50, 85, 135

The Director

monke

Hi
Love the film and grade is excellent well done. I looking to convert my canon 5d Mark 2 to magic lantern. I want to achieve a similar look to your film but do you recommend I get a Mark 3 instead? Do you also mind sharing what handheld rig you used? Thank you for the inspiration :)

The Director

monke
I think the mark2 enough

my handheld rig - it's really shitty rig :)

julienpierb

I just don't know what to say!
The way the story is told is clever; the fact that no words were used let the viewer imagine what is happening in the protagonists' minds.
And the color grading is simply genius!

I can't wait to see more.

The Director

julienpierb
Thank you!

But so it turns out that we will shoot the feature film with other plot