Author Topic: Canon 5D Mark IV  (Read 324708 times)

cshell

• New to the forum
Re: Canon 5D Mark IV
« Reply #450 on: January 03, 2020, 06:20:56 AM »
I realize what you’re trying to tell me-but I really do want to help and just don’t know where to start. I guess a better way to ask that question is do I need to just start at the beginning and go?

narcis5DM4

• New to the forum
« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2020, 06:12:05 AM »
Hello 2 everybody! Im new here, and I hope that the team who manages ML for 5DM4 doesnt give up :)! I have a questions, i hope is not dumb: is any other version of ML from the other cameras that is compatible with 5DM4? If it is, is anyone here who tried? :) Thanks a lot! I hope everyone is positive regarding ML for 5DM4. Cheers!

masc

• Contributor
« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2020, 11:08:28 AM »
I hope that the team who manages ML for 5DM4 doesnt give up :)!
Never fear... the team won't give up ... there is no team and nobody working on it atm. ;)
5D2.212 | EOSM.202

narcis5DM4

• New to the forum
« Reply #453 on: April 13, 2020, 01:30:39 AM »
I see... Thats ok! A vacation it should give some inspiration :D! Thanks for the response! :)

reddeercity

• Contributor
« Reply #454 on: April 23, 2020, 04:11:44 AM »
Being looking thought this thread and it seems ML is pretty close to be running , so far as I can see firmware 112 , stubs.S & consts.h are found
and has minimal.c running .
Still a lot of reversing needs to done on the rom , but of all the EOS new camera's the 5D Mark iv (ok it not new really) has the best chance to make it to the finish line.
Why I'm I posting about this , I've been look at that the 5D4 for some time and now the price is dropping ($2100.00 Canadian Used) .
I can do some of this port work , but there still a lot of this that over my head (It seems I have nothing but time on my hands right now)
I know there's a lot of people out there that what this to happen , but two things need to happen ,
1st: I need the hardware (so the cheapest I can find , so that could take so time , don't hold your breath)
2nd: help from a core dev. from time to time or at least at a pointer in the direction I need to go .

I'm not saying I can finish porting this fully but with help , I'm willing to try .
So until I come across a great deal on a 5D4 body , I'll be reviewing porting procedure & code for the digic6 and try and get my head around this better .

IDA_ML

« Reply #455 on: April 23, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »
Reddeercity,

Have you given up completely on the 7D?  You have such an excellent experience with Digic 4 processors!  Right now, a used 7D in a very good condition and low shutter count can be found at about 1/10-th of the price of a used 5D4.

ilia3101

• Moderators
« Reply #456 on: April 23, 2020, 06:15:24 PM »
Just removed a few posts from this thread, some troll conversation. I will do this again if required.

There isn't much progress now, but please keep the thread tidy, so it's easier to find stuff when there actually is progress.