Questions Regarding USB Output and RGB Output. A way to use Audio Monitoring ?

Started by canneloni, August 06, 2016, 11:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canneloni

Hey everyone,

i was thinking about the way my 100D usees its USB connection. I know that it is used for both transfering data, but also as an outbut for RGB signals. What i found to be interesting was, that when you plug in an USB cable to use something like DSLR Controller or the Canon Utility app on your pc, the Camera will send a liveview image via the connection, but also shows an image on the camera.
But if you plugin the RGB Cable, it will shut down the build in screen.  Does anyone know why it does that?

I thought maybe there is a way for ML to emulate commands that come via USB, so the camera thinks there is an USB Cable pluged in and will leave the screen on, while sending signals to the RGB cable.

Another thing i saw was, that DSLR Controller and the Canon Utility Programm will show audio meters but won't playback the actual sound. Does anybody know why ?

Unfortunately i can't code anything so i am not able to test these things myself. I just thought about it and felt like sharing my idea. Im sorry if a topic like this already exists but a quick search (really quick) didn't show anything.

100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8