MLV - long clips turning out to be empty.

Started by johannsebastianbach, July 07, 2016, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johannsebastianbach

Hey guys, first of all, great job with the pink frames issue. My using of MLV raw is increasing every day and I'm really happy to shoot :)

One issue though. During the last couple of shoots I'm finding all my longer clips of some minutes are broken on the card. MLV play module is not playing it, it shows indexing 10/10 but doesn't do anything and the files on the card are M04-1615.MLV aswell as M04-1615.M00-M08 are only a few bytes big. It is perticurarly unfortunate, because the longer clips were the most important ones. Does anybody has the same problems? 5DmkIII, Nightly.2016May16.5D3113

my card is formatted with the camera and exfat feature is not activated.
reserve card space is ON

1kb files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xt0ipksituivvmx/AACNVL18DZweq19M4L5VGz2ra?dl=0

thanks in advance!

Frank7D

Have you tried transferring and playing the MLV files on your computer?

The tiny .M0x files are probably nothing. They usually result from the recording ending abnormally, so that they are not correctly deleted (but if they are larger, then they are a normal part of shots that last more than 4 GB on FAT32 cards).

johannsebastianbach

yeah I did.

I remember having normal long MLVs back in the day, but since a couple of months they get broken easily.

Danne

How long take was it?
Can you reproduce the issue by trying to record a similar long take? Have you ruled out any other possibilities like automatic shutdown?