"Displaced" - MLV on Canon 6D

Started by Tyronetheterrible, June 15, 2016, 04:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyronetheterrible

Hi everyone,

This is little short film is one I made for my final project in school. Let me know what you all think!

This was shot in MLV on my Canon 6D. Due to the 6D's inherent limitations, I adjusted the RAW resolution differently for almost every shot to the highest resolution possible given the amount of recording time I would think I need during a specific take.

Used a Resolve>Premiere Pro>Resolve workflow, using Cinelog-C Masters, Neat Video, and FilmConvert in post.

Cheers!

_OLLE_

Tyronetheterrible

_OLLE_

This could be a part of a Hollywood movie! :D 8)

extremelypoorfilmaker

Big UP!!

Great video! Where did you filmed it?

Tyronetheterrible

Quote from: extremelypoorfilmaker on June 16, 2016, 11:46:29 PM
Big UP!!

Great video! Where did you filmed it?

Thank you, extremelypoorfilmaker! I really admire your work!

This was shot in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

ph2007

very good work on the 6d raw!
did you use vaf-6d filter?

Tyronetheterrible

Quote from: ph2007 on June 17, 2016, 04:07:59 PM
very good work on the 6d raw!
did you use vaf-6d filter?

Thank you, ph2007! I indeed used the VAF-6D filter. I am partial towards my 6D and wanted to get the best quality out of it before the Mark IV replaces it as my "A camera"  :P

ph2007

ah that make sense.
my 6d without vaf looks horibble most of the shoots haha

Levas

Great story, great shot and edited!
Although the orange/teal look was a bit too much for my personal taste ;)  the skintones where very orange.

Tyronetheterrible

Quote from: Levas on June 19, 2016, 11:10:21 AM
Great story, great shot and edited!
Although the orange/teal look was a bit too much for my personal taste ;)  the skintones where very orange.

Thanks so much for the kind words, Levas!
I agree with you about the orange/teal. I tried to color grade the day scenes with a Michael Bay/Miami/California type look, but I think I pushed the color temp a bit too warm.

AWPStar

Great job!
p.s.:
Best russian speech i ever heard xD Like in all american movies) I want this poster with Dalek. Give it to me)
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

Tyronetheterrible

Quote from: AWPStar on June 19, 2016, 11:26:25 PM
Great job!
p.s.:
Best russian speech i ever heard xD Like in all american movies) I want this poster with Dalek. Give it to me)

Thanks, AWPStar! Yeah, the Russian accent was pretty Hollywood-ized, haha. I felt it added to the overall campiness of the film lol