My Latest Effort, In anamorphic!

Started by extremelypoorfilmaker, June 10, 2016, 12:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremelypoorfilmaker

And here it is: The latest "test" I did recently.

Camera: 5D3 + Magic Lantern
Lens: Zenit Jupiter 9 85mm f2 + Kowa 2X Anamorphic adapter

shot at 1600x1200 4:3 Aspect ratio

Not 4K, Still the best way to get something "bigger" thank standard FullHD, But that it's only my opinion

andresharambour

Shots look great, very nice look from the anamorphic. Is the vignette part of post processing or is it caused by the lens being a bit too wide?

Do you use diopters for the closer shots?

Thanks for sharing!

extremelypoorfilmaker

Quote from: andresharambour on June 18, 2016, 04:01:58 PM
Shots look great, very nice look from the anamorphic. Is the vignette part of post processing or is it caused by the lens being a bit too wide?

Do you use diopters for the closer shots?

Thanks for sharing!

no diopters for close ups. The Kowa prominars closest focus distance is 1 meter! YAY! ^__^

The combo i used was an old Russian Lens: Jupiter 9 (85mm f2) + the Kowa Prominar 16-S
The vignetting is caused by the lens AND the fact that I shot most of it between f4 and f11 on the Jupiter 9. With the lens at f2 you don't get much vignetting.

The Kowa 16-S is a good lens, great bokeh and nice flares. BUT because the rear element is fairly small, on a full frame you can just about get away with it if you are shooting 4:3 on a helios 58mm (44-2)

andresharambour

Yes, that 1 meter minimum focusing distance is great!

Thanks for the info!

extremelypoorfilmaker

Quote from: andresharambour on June 21, 2016, 04:50:54 PM
Yes, that 1 meter minimum focusing distance is great!

Thanks for the info!

No pro! The Kowa prominars are great lenses.. optically on pair with iscos, it's the focus mechanism, the only thing that holds them back