Canon 80D

Started by ariznaf, June 02, 2016, 09:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RikySeco

Hi,

I'm new in the forum, but I want to know if exist something to enable RAW rec in the 80D. Please help me ahahahah.

Thanks in advance for the help.

TheEngineer

Hi guys,

is there any news on ML for the 80D? I would love to have focus peaking for the 80D, just bought a Sigma 35mm f1.4 and got some focus issues with that. And I can't focus manually without focus peaking.  :(

OlRivrRat

@Riky

Welcome ~ But Saddly No Mag'Lan' for 80D @ this time ~ Cross Your Fingers ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

JKerman511

Very sad, I feel like this camera suffered majorly under Canon's cripple hammer given what the 70d was capable of. I hope one of those lads who seemed to be so common in late '19 comes back to work on this thing, especially given the aforementioned security thing which could give more information. I'm afraid I know nothing about this, though I have an 80d on my desk so I'm willing to do what I can.

But don't be defeatist! At least this development cycle is shorter than the one for the magical A7S3!

Mnsmith05291

I have an 80D with no knowledge of coding I can help if I am provided with files.

Sch_Aron

Hi! How much longer do you reckon the development of Magic Lantern is going to take for the 80D? Is it possible that it will be done by the end of summer 2020?

Walter Schulz

If you start learning programming now it might be possible to have an early port in 2023.

Theta Sigma

Quote from: Sch_Aron on April 23, 2020, 05:52:32 PM
Hi! How much longer do you reckon the development of Magic Lantern is going to take for the 80D? Is it possible that it will be done by the end of summer 2020?

With what's going on? Not the best choice for a first post. I know the lockdown might have played a part in folks like heder working harder (and we're grateful), but you assume a lot.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 23, 2020, 09:50:32 PM
If you start learning programming now it might be possible to have an early port in 2023.

Despite the seeming thoughtlessness of the request, sarcasm isn't helpful either.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Theta Sigma on May 06, 2020, 01:13:58 PM
Despite the seeming thoughtlessness of the request, sarcasm isn't helpful either.

I really don't know why my realism is perceived as sarcasm. I offered an easy calculation for this assumption. Nobody challenged the numbers, yet.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=19737.msg225763#msg225763

Theta Sigma

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 06, 2020, 01:41:25 PM
I really don't know why my realism is perceived as sarcasm. I offered an easy calculation for this assumption. Nobody challenged the numbers, yet.

The post you cite doesn't help your case. ;)

gregoffnerjr

While it's only been a few weeks since the last post, I'm wondering if there's been any progress on using ML with an EOS 80D?  The main (only) feature I need is the clean HDMI out as I'm going into my Mac thru a Blackmagic ATEM Mini (so the recent "fix" Canon announced is irrelevant for me)...so alternatively I'm curious if anybody could recommend a piece of hardware I could add to the mess of cables running through my "studio" to fix this issue.  The full setup is as follows:

multi cams going into ATEM Mini, into MacMini thru Ecamm to Zoom (generally) or FB Live.

I don't know enough about tech/coding to volunteer to help with builds, etc. but to the extent I can do something that would assist I'm happy to contribute with a little guidance. 

What's our next move?

Walter Schulz

Sam Dawjee

It's been 2 Years And I'm eagerly Waiting For Magic Lantern version For My 80D...Can I Install Magic Lantern in My Canon 80D..Please Le Me Know If Anyone Knows How Can I Install It In My 80D

Aperture Science

Quick notice that ML is developed and released by a group of people who are doing this voluntary. Don't urge them or keep asking the same questions like "when is xxx model going to have ML firmware" if you are not a part of the developers, they are nice and friendly already by giving out the source code and the usable files out.

Theta Sigma

Well, I'm very appreciative. I love that the 40D is chugging along to a usable version. Of course, I wish the 80D were in the same boat, but I am  willing to wait. :)

[email protected]

Hi
I have a canon 80d and I'm willing to participate in the process of porting for 80d, i have no knowledge in coding but i can help by testing with camera.

Walter Schulz

See reply #556. Seriously!

T7i owner

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 30, 2020, 07:24:12 PM
See reply #556. Seriously!
Lol
While your having fun, you should note that plenty of people will learn programming if they have a solid reason to. Giving over that advice in a more friendly manner can be the difference between them saying forget it or taking up the challenge.
Appearances do matter.

the_jalenmr

Hello World! I am a brand new member of ML Forums and going in it's clear to say that there has been a stagnation in the progress of development on 80D's update (We owe great debt to A1ex and Ant, and others who have already done such heavy lifting :)).

Rather than complain about time or waste precious work towards production, I would love to help with debugging, and since the Hello World! feat has already been achieved, from this point on work is simple but arduous and long (to my understanding).

My only issue is that the bitbucket links to repositories all seem to be down in this forum? I have created an account to look at shared threads but all links to bitbuckets offering instructions on programming in the 80D section seem to be down. If a moderator or admin could kindly guide me to proper links I would be much obliged. I am not aware of the progress on the 80D given the quiet activity, I am only certain that I would love to take part in bringing all DIGIC6 units into compatibility with ML.

I know the resolution is tiny for the image (first time HTML display in a while) but this display was the general message for the bitbucket links.

The message reads: This link has no power here

names_are_hard

Hello, and welcome!

Bitbucket removed all Mercurial repositories, the new official repo is here: https://foss.heptapod.net/magic-lantern/magic-lantern

You may find that the required work is not simple.  It's not just debugging.  But we can provide assistance.  Feel free to ask questions here, or in the Discord.

miarcoles

Hello, as someone far from the subject, I have a question?
Is it possible for us to get clean hdmi images with 80D? I see the same question being asked above, but I felt the need to ask again as time passed.

It is very sad not to get clean image with hdmi when auto focus on such a device

names_are_hard

No, there is no ML for 80D.  There is no need to ask again - if progress is made, somebody will update this thread.

Straight_Shooter

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 06, 2020, 01:41:25 PM

Well, may I challenge them? ;-)

Learning to program is one thing. But even if you have mastered C or C++ or whatever language, you are still a far cry away from being able to make any meaningful change in MagicLantern. We're talking about a complex piece of software here. To the best of my knowledge, there is no real requirement specification or design specification - if you want to get into it, you have to do so by jumping through dozens of threads on this here forum, and by reading thousands of lines of code. That is cumbersome work, to be quite honest. It's as if you wanted to climb a medium-sized hill, but then they tell you "No, you need to do the Seven Summits for starters. Then we're talking." ;-)

Walter Schulz

-> Dev talk takes place at Discord. Quite talkative at times. Devs-to-be get support. Still a messy thing, true.

yaha

Quote from: names_are_hard on November 19, 2020, 04:44:48 PM
Hello, and welcome!

Bitbucket removed all Mercurial repositories, the new official repo is here: https://foss.heptapod.net/magic-lantern/magic-lantern

You may find that the required work is not simple.  It's not just debugging.  But we can provide assistance.  Feel free to ask questions here, or in the Discord.

How can one get into Discord for 80D or in general? The link at the top of the forum seems to be outdated.