5DII power on question

Started by sdeming, July 28, 2012, 12:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdeming

I just donated/installed the newest version of the Magic Lantern Firmware.

After turning my live view back on (which took me a min to figure out how to do that again...) I'm having one little annoying issue.

After I power the camera down and remove the CF card, the camera will not power back on until I remove and re-insert the battery.

Full Disclosure: I'm waiting at least 5 seconds before pulling the card out after the camera powers down.

Any thoughts?

a1ex

A few things to check:

1) In those 5 seconds before pulling the card, does the LED blink once?

2) Power down the camera by simply opening the card door (don't turn it off from main switch). In this case you won't have to wait. Does it still freeze?

3) Does it happen if you don't remove the card? (just by powering off normally, and then powering back on).

sdeming

A1ex,

1. after the camera powers down (after enabling live view), the LED next to the jog wheel blinks once by itself and after the 'sensor cleaning' screen it and the blue LED (the live view button) flash together.

2. If I power the camera down by opening the CF card door, and then turn the camera off, it still freezes (meaning I have to take the battery out again)

3. It does NOT happen if I keep the card in the camera after powering down.

I want to point out that I removed the .fir files for everyother camera BESIDES the mark2 - could this be causing my troubles?

a1ex

If you don't enable LiveView, it still freezes?

If you power off by opening the CF card door, but leave the main switch on, it still freezes?

sdeming

If I do not enable live view, it does not freeze.

And if I power off by opening the CF card door, but leave the man switch on, it does not freeze.

a1ex

If you format the card in the camera and choose to keep ML, does it help?

(fix in progress, I think I found a way to avoid this problem)

sdeming

Okay. I feel like a dolt. I wasn't waiting long enough after opening the card door ( I thought that you only had to wait after powering down).

One of my pet peeves is people who don't read before asking. I read the best practices section but misread the card door section. Now I'm everything I hate

I'm going to go hide under a rock now.

Sorry A1ex, and thanks for everything!