Rar Hdr workflow help

Started by UncleChip, May 26, 2016, 10:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleChip

this is the best of my tests, and i am having an issue with it being a bit jerky

5DII MLR and HDR Video

if i do just MLR it is silky smooth, with the hdr i introduce the jerky motion, i am presuming its to do with recording at 25fps then halfing the speed, but i am a bit lost here/

workflow
extract to dng using MLVMystic (works a trea)
import dng into lightroom, basic edit, export as full jpg
batch using photomatex
import into lightroom for final tweak and then export again as jpeg
import into premier as an image sequance,

I have tried the after effects, import as image sequance. duplicate, duplicat/merge, and yes it was smother but i couldn't get the the inside/outside balance anywhere near the lightroom/photomatex

sooo
can i sort the jutter effect?
am i right in assuming the 50/60fps of more modern cameras will resolve this?

the footage above is over done, i was seeing the capabilities of a 5 stop range, but this is very nearly giving me something i thought impossible, just need help with the last bit
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3c) Canon 5dMKII

Danne

Nice clip. If you,re on mac you could try MLP. Check the HDR sections in the user_guide. One way too keep the original framerate is to work with averaging. This works with ffmpeg tblend filter in MLP.

UncleChip

on a pc so stuck with the long route

the best i have got is to blend the frames 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6 so in effect i am not loosing any frames,

I achieved this by duplicating the images so i have 2 sets,
In the first set i batch rename them with a given name and an odd extension, test-1, test-3, test-4 etc
In the second set i delete the first image then batch rename then with a given name and an even extension,test-2, test-4, test-6,
add both sets to the same folder then run through photomatex
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3c) Canon 5dMKII

Danne

Cool. Consecutive blending. I think I,ll put this in MLP as an alternative for enfuse workflow the same as with the tblend filter from ffmpeg.
I think MLVP for windows has implemented the tblend filter for HDR workflows.