Thailand

Started by marekk, May 23, 2016, 09:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marekk

This video takes you to Bangkok and 3 beautiful islands: Koh Samui, Koh Tao and Koh Phangan, giving a sneak peak into Thai lifestyle, landscape, cuizine and beachlife.

Camera: Canon 5D Mark III (Magic Lanter RAW)
Lens: Helios 77m-4 (50mm f1.8)

Music: Lowercase Noises - Almost So Clear (licensed from themusicbed.com)

DeafEyeJedi

Absolutely stunning and love the colors. So vivid and vibrant!

This reminds me to get my copy of Helios 4-22 repaired since the aperture's stuck. Just sits wide open at f2 (which is nice) but when if I need depth, Ha.

Care to share which workflow did you use for this?

Thanks for sharing @marekk!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

marekk

Regarding workflow:
- shot with graduaded ND filter and Kinotehnik viewfinder, without any stabilization or tripod
- CDNG generated using MLVFS
- FCPX <> Davinci Resolve Roundtrip
  - Davinci Resolve 12.5: proxy export
  - FCPX: edit
  - Davinci Resolve: grading using CDNG sequences (RCM, Timeline and Output as Log-C), sharpening
  - FCPX: stabilization and little bit of sharpening

Uploaded to vimeo as Prores422

axelcine

Wonderful footage, beautiful sceneries, I love the color work. But the transitions suck. Overly dramatic, almost chocking. You don't want a beautiful beach to explode in your face. Avoid these "little kids playing"-effects. Use discrete blends and fades, and let us dwell a second or two at the beautiful sceneries. Pix with a lot of details take longer to enjoy than simple pix. Many - no, make that ALL - of your shots could easily be 2-4 secs longer; they're never boring and the quality of your shots (and the quality of your country) absolutely wants me to ask: Give me some more.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

dzentelman

Marku świetna robota - generalnie prace na vimeo zacne! muszę zacząć używać więcej ML :)
400D • 50D • 5D2 • 5D3 || 35L 1.4 • 70-200L 2.8 • 16-35L 2.8 • 50 1.8 • 24-70L 2.8

DeafEyeJedi

At first I almost liked these transitions but then something was bothering me from it. @axelcine said it perfectly with his kind words. Encouraging, ain't it?  [emoji2]

However, you almost got me there so good job in that category but honestly your footage is way too good to be adding such effects.

Keep it simple and allow us to enjoy your fine work rather than "hiding it" w these effects. You obviously have excellent set of eyes. Keep them coming!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109