Martha and Claudia: A Special Thank You

Started by Danson Delta-40, May 25, 2016, 10:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danson Delta-40

Hey everyone!

I made this video for the Sonoma Valley Hospital Foundation, and I shot everything with MLRaw. Can I get some critique on it?

Specs:
Canon 7D
5D Mk2

Komputerbay 1000x cards (32 and 64gig) and a few sandisks
1600x900 @24 fps
Audio recorded on Senheiser lavs in to a Tascam Dr701D
CC'd in AE and some in Davinci

Canon 24-105 F4L
Canon 24-70 F2.8L
Anamorphic lens for specialty shots
GOING POSTAL SINCE 1995 BABY

markodarko

Hi Danson,

I've watched up to 1' 19" but thought it best to stop to air my critique thus far.

The editing is too much. Way too much. It's cut like a music video. Way too quick, and the jumping back and forth between two different mid shots is very strange. If these cuts have been put in to cut the dialogue then I'd insert some cutaways instead.

The other jarring thing for me was that your two mid shots of the lady near the beginning crosses the line. One mid is on the left side of her face, the other mid shot on the right.

So far, from what I've seen I'd say:

• Stick to one shot of the lady instead of crossing the line to the other mid shot
• stay longer in each subsequent shot of the man that follows and when you cut to the other shot, punch in tighter so it doesn't seem like we're going from mid to mid, and / or intercut some cutaways if you're cutting is due to dialogue problems.

Just my 2c of course. Feel free to discard as you feel is necessary. :-)

Cheers,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roberto Mena

Why did you transfer to youtube with a 720p resolution instead of 1080p? Kind of misses the point since you shot with ML RAW, right? What's the point of going through al the trouble of installing and learning ML only to showcase your RAW video footage at a lower quality setting?