Crispy Banana : Commercial shoot in RAW 5D MkIII

Started by wangtrirat, May 27, 2016, 11:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wangtrirat

Hello!
Shooting in RAW always be somewhat huge and buggy somehow. I managed to using it to shot Crispy Banana commercial which Faculty of Food technology in my campus requested.
This film is being shot at considerable high ISO for me above >1600 not beyond 2000. Actually I can request A7s for this purpose but I ignored because noise floor and color was so unacceptable.

Shot on Canon 5D Mk III
1920x868 2.20:1 @25fps and 50fps
Canon 50mm f1.4
Canon 24-105mm f4
Lexar 1066x CF card

Lighting
Mostly Tungsten opened-face
ARRILITE 2000
Cosmolite 800
Kino-Flo 4X4
some LED Strip in set of mysterious metallic box.

Using Magic Lantern RAW Video capabilities to exploit the great color and depth.
After I shoot copy the MLV and Dewrap using MLVRAWMystic > Davinci Resolve > Proxy generation > Director cutting > XML from premiere > Reconform DNG > Rematch High-speed shot > Grading > Roundtrip to Premiere then export.

I have bunch of work I shot in RAW. KEEP Coming!!!

Suggestions appreciated. Thank you so much Magic lantern and developers who make this possible.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

Nutsy

LOL, Really nice work. Great work on the suspense build up.

But i got to admit from the screenshot, and then watching the beginning of the film I was half expecting the Ring ghost type girl to start doing some sort of Brittany spears number, and the kid freak out at the horror of seeing that :p

Really great lighting, grading, editing, camera work... um everything :D
7D - 3D Artist and VFX/Motion Graphics Artist

_OLLE_

Seriously this is one of the best videos I have seen on this forum! It is totally great. I just wonder how much sharpening you added in post?

itsDPmikey

2 THUMBS UP

AWESOME CONTENT
I really like the color palette used in this grade looks great, thanks for sharing sir.
I love this &^*$ MAN!

DeafEyeJedi

Excellent suspense build up. Really nice grade. Pace was spot on w the editing leading up to a comedic ending. This could be one of the Super Bowl classic commercials. Nice work and thanks for sharing @wangtrirat!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

markodarko

Very polished and professional looking. Aside from the lovely lighting and grade, good acting and sound too.

Looking forward to your next post! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk