issue: Strobe effect with camera movement

Started by KelvinK, May 26, 2016, 12:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KelvinK

Hey,

With RAW we've terrific sharpens and detailed scenes, but on other hand we get strobe effect in 24p 1/50 in high contrast scenes when camera moves and sometimes it looks very visible distracting.

I was searching web, this is common issue for many cameras with good sharpens shooting in 24p.

Have you guys have any thoughts how to remove or at least make it less visible? Setting aperture to 1/30 helps a bit, but doesn't look like solution because if scene is fast enough there's too much blur.

Kelvin
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

favvomannen

yeah the flickering sucks. is there a solution?
ill try 1/30 and se if it goes away.

hjfilmspeed

What type of lights are you under? You can fine tune the shutter in the ML Menu to reduce it if it's a lighting issue. Other then that, DSLRs in general don't have the best motion RAW or not. Are you sure this is a RAW issue? I think that is sensor related. In fact it has to do with the way the shutter doesnt smoothly open to the frame like say a mechanical shutter might. Its a hard cut They made something the compensate for this but I dont know what happened to it. The D16 has very nice motion capture for a digital cinema camera.