canon 70d error 80/error 70 memory error- underflow

Started by lordmade, May 18, 2016, 08:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordmade

would anyone be able to send me a stock firmware so i can confirm its a hardware issue before i write it off and send it to ebay for parts , the thing is it was working fine before the bad load of magic lantern , i have used lantern before on my 600d and 7d,never faced anything so drastic , cams out of warranty and from what i read online canon will suggest a main board replacement

Walter Schulz

No offense but please read a1ex' post again.
He is *the* authority when it comes to un-bricking and his help and advice fixed more issues than you might be able to imagine.

And you cannot ask for stock firmware in a forum and expect a link. Canon never made the very first firmware version for a cam available for download. It simply doesn't happen.
There are ways to do it anyway but it's considered to be grey area legally and it needs a dev to make it happen (not a simple FIR file AFAIK).

And please read FAQ about warranty. It's a non-issue until now. Never heard any complaints about Canon charging extra for cams with bootflag set.

a1ex

Will continue troubleshooting in about 2 weeks, sorry for delay.

lordmade

No offense was intended and no inference made about A1ex skills or honestly i wouldn't be asking on the forum , i dont know where that came from , about asking for the firmware , just want to cross my t's and dot my i's before i give up on the cam , been given the run around earlier by canon for a out of warranty cam , finally had to get it fixed locally

lordmade

diego163

no, rom wasnt backed up , i had loaned the cam out to a friend who loaded magic lantern , cam was returned with error code 70 , i used eos utility to test it, generates error 80 camera generates a error 70 in m mode without  card camera generates a error 70 in c mode without card
camera starts up in all modes , if i switch on liveview , it generates a junk display , if i click the shutter it generates a error 70 ,if i load magic lantern to troubleshoot the camera hang after a few minutes , sd card light will turn on and stay on , while browsing through the debug menu i saw the memory underflow and cpu temperature
dm-spy log for this code (don't click me on current dm-spy-experiments branch): Code:

void* job = (void*) call("FA_CreateTestImage");

call("FA_CaptureTestImage", job);

call("FA_DeleteTestImage", job);

http://pastebin.com/pGPG9KeT

The message that may indicate an error: Code:

ShootCaptu:ff155d90:93:16: ->FactoryMode AbortCaptureImagePath!!

Also, the crash log OP is experiencing: Code:

ASSERT: 0

at ./Memory/Memory.c:575, task RscMgr

lv:0 mode:4

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2016Apr23.70D111A

Mercurial changeset   : 591ba5bf7c75 (70D-merge) tip

Built on 2016-04-23 19:23:06 UTC by ml@ml-VirtualBox.

Free Memory  : 227K + 1951K

matches these lines from the capture test log: Code:

RscMgr:ff0c308c:8b:06: ASSERT : ./Memory/Memory.c, Task = RscMgr

RscMgr:ff0c30a0:8b:06: ASSERT : Line 575

RscMgr:ff0c30b4:8b:06: ASSERT : 0

so it seems to be an error message generated by Canon code (probably one of the error handling paths doesn't do proper cleanup).

@nikfreak: can you upload a dm.log from your 70D taken in the same conditions? (M mode, ISO 100, 1/125, f/5.6, don't click me on 1166ef2d from your repo).
FOR MORE cANNON 7D ERROR, FOLLOW http://www.carddata-recovery.com/blog/fix-canon-7d-error-card-cannot-accessed-reinsertchange-card-format-card-camera-recover-photos-videos.

AndkNorway

Hi there

I have a problem with my Canon 60D, I am a begynner with cameras and I wonder if I can get any help here.
My camera shows error 70! Where should I start? Any help is very much appreciated.

greetings from Norway :)