Silent Full Res multiple images

Started by garry23, May 17, 2016, 07:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

I have a need to take multiple images (10s) in FRSP, but for the life of me I can't seem to work this out.

I have FRSP set to .MLV mode and have tried using the timelapse to get the multiple images.

I seem to only get one image, despite trying 'like crazy' and at set times greater than the exposure time.

Could some kind person point me in the right direction, ie multiple image taking with FRSP.

a1ex

I seem to only get one image

What does this exactly mean?

(a) only one image is captured? (you can see the previews, so you can count them)
(b) only one image is found on the card?
(c) only one MLV file is found on the card?

What do the status messages say during capture? (the number of images saved is printed there).

garry23

I see the .mlv to review and the review is a single file.

I had forgotten I had the problem before, thanks Walter, but others seem to have taken FRSP time lapses.

As I say, my need is to take a fixed number of images using FSRP ON MY 5D3.

Walter Schulz

And your problem with linked solution is?
I suppose you intend to use ETTR or Advanced bracketing.
Please give details which modules/techniques you need.

garry23

Walter

What I ideally wish to do is trigger FRSP within a Lua script, but I don't believe that's possible at the moment :-(

The full back is to write a Lua script to set all the ML menus and trigger a FRSP plus intervalometer from the half shutter, but sadly that doesn't work either :-((

The work around is to use my Lua script to tell the user to go into the intervalometer menu and run from there, i.e. Triggering from leave menu.

Cheers

Garry

Walter Schulz

As far as I understand your problem: There is none.
Apart from Lua not yet able to do what you want. Correct?

garry23

Walter

Unless it is my incompetence  ;) I still have a problem.

That is, if FRSP and Intervalometer is enabled then I can't trigger the FRSP-Intervalometer from a half press.

The 'only' way would be to trigger the FRSP-Intervalometer from selecting 'leaving menu', ie to eliminate the half shutter conflict.

Cheers

Garry

Walter Schulz

Quote from: garry23 on May 17, 2016, 02:12:40 PM
That is, if FRSP and Intervalometer is enabled then I can't trigger the FRSP-Intervalometer from a half press.

As written in linked thread: If you leave menu via half press you actually can and do.

garry23

Walter

Yes, sorry, I'm not making my self clear.

You need to have the menu on to trigger.

I was looking for a way to do this by not having the ML menu on.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers

Garry

garry23

Walter

Just to confirm the tigger from menu works, but I get critical Error 70 and log files.

I'll up load the log files.

Walter Schulz

Run minimal config and retry. Load only silent.mo and run intervalometer.

garry23

Tried that and used .dng FRSP, rather than .mlv. Seems ok.

Do you know what happened?

Once I had the Error 70, it was difficult to clear it, i.e. I had to take the battery out multiple times.