Lock Switch - RAW/JPG

Started by jhickling, March 28, 2014, 07:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhickling

Hey all, hope this hasn't been posted before as I've searched everywhere for this.

I use a 6D with ML and love it, but am constantly switching between RAW and JPG depending on what I'm shooting.
I personally don't use the Lock Button that applies to the scroll wheel, so am wondering if an option could be implemented to remap this as a RAW/JPG switch?
As it applies to a few of the EOS DSLRs with the lock switch, would anyone else find this to be a useful feature?

Thanks,

Justin.

sashk0

I strongly support that idea. it would be nice to make an option of mapping this button's state onto specific function!

Marsu42

Quote from: jhickling on March 28, 2014, 07:46:47 PM
As it applies to a few of the EOS DSLRs with the lock switch, would anyone else find this to be a useful feature?

I could never get ML to react to the lock switch/button (60d or 6d), some dev needs to figure out or tell what event the Canon fw generates or how to check for the lock position. If this is done, then switching jpeg/raw would be doable - or the feature could be linked to a set/arrow-shortcut just as other Canon/ML features.

g3gg0

i bet this is handled in tx19a
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

topbanana

I've been wondering if the switch could be used too!

I'd love to use it to turn the touch screen on/off on my 70D.

It's a PITA when the settings get changed when it's slung over my shoulder, usually changing the image size to a tiny sRAW... it's happened a few times so i've landed up turning off the touch screen all together...  Which is a shame as it's great for navigating some settings/playback...

Having the switch by my thumb solves this instantly!

There's so many other applications it could be used for too!

topbanana

Has anyone made any use of the Lock Switch yet in ML?

This would be so useful for so many things.