Crop bmp

Started by macca1980, April 09, 2013, 03:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macca1980

I have a 500d and just installed magic lantern successfully.

I have at least 4 different crop mark bitmaps in the correct folder, but I can't seem to cycle through them on the camera it only shows me the 1st one (cinematic style)

How do I do this?

macca1980

I got it by pressing live view button

macca1980

Can anyone tell me how to get a crop square that is just 2 lines ( to get maximum resolution from the crop) the one I am using just now you can see the whole square . I would like one that is just 2 lines preferably blacking out the edges of screen.
Is this possible with ML?

coutts

Quote from: macca1980 on April 09, 2013, 06:44:39 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get a crop square that is just 2 lines ( to get maximum resolution from the crop) the one I am using just now you can see the whole square . I would like one that is just 2 lines preferably blacking out the edges of screen.
Is this possible with ML?
can you please draw an example in something like ms paint? i'm a bit confused

macca1980

Quote from: coutts on April 09, 2013, 08:41:49 PM
can you please draw an example in something like ms paint? i'm a bit confused
Not at computer right now but just want the biggest square possible on a 3" screen.

I am thinking either 2 black bars down the sides or 1/3 of the screen blacked out.
I was goin to use card or something but thought ML may be for me as I want to shoot in square format without cropping in too much. The square one I have just now is ok but it's not as big a square as it could be and also everything else is visible. If you look at live view with the thirds grid & put a bit of card over the furthest right or left third to make biggest square possible that's what I need as a crop mark, but I would settle for either two lines vertically to make square in middle or one line on third to make a square. Ideally blacked out though but I don't know if that's possible with ML.