Where´s ML sticky halfshutter for 700D ? I can´t find on Prefs or in any place.

Started by Dihelson, May 14, 2016, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dihelson

Hello, friends,

Excuse me for question about this, I can´t find on this forum the correct answer to 700D sticky halfshutter.
I use 700D mostly for streaming videos, and that 30 minutes limit is driving me crazy !
So, after some research I discovered that the feature  "sticky halfshutter" that normally would be on the PREF menu
would solve it. The problem is that with the latest ML firmware at least, there´s no  sticky halfshutter on the PREF menus or submenu. Am I blind ?
Any help on finding it is welcomed !

Thanks
Canon 5D Mark II, 700D, Panasonic Fz200 | Canon 24-70mm f2.8L | 17-40mm f4.0L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | 50mm f1.8 | Blackmagic, Avermedia 4K cards

Dihelson

Walter, thank you so much for indicating the answer. I would never find it. isn´t it a pity I purchased several cameras for the sole purpose of broadcasting through HDMI trusting that Magic lantern would clear all my overlays and make that sticky halfshutter as in my 5D Mark II ? I hope that ML guys soon could put this feature that I need it so much. I just can´t believe it´s true !!!
Canon 5D Mark II, 700D, Panasonic Fz200 | Canon 24-70mm f2.8L | 17-40mm f4.0L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | 50mm f1.8 | Blackmagic, Avermedia 4K cards

Walter Schulz

Don't know the technical reason why it's not implemented/possible for 700D. Not a dev, sorry.

But don't expect anything to be done because you need it and don't expect anything to be done in time. ML development doesn't work this way. And don't expect anything to be done because you haven't done your homework and spent tons of money on it.

a1ex

Looks like it's also disabled on 650D and 100D, and marked as "Glitchy" (not by me). Don't remember the reason, so it's probably worth enabling it and checking what exactly the glitch is.

So, it was disabled in the first 650D port, and then it wasn't re-enabled because - I guess - nobody missed it.

For HDMI out, we actually have found a cleaner method of disabling LiveView - it's used during raw recording, but it's not yet on the user interface for HDMI out.

What about proposing this as an easy coding task?

Dihelson

A1ex wrote:

"Looks like it's also disabled on 650D and 100D, and marked as "Glitchy" (not by me). Don't remember the reason, so it's probably worth enabling it and checking what exactly the glitch is. So, it was disabled in the first 650D port, and then it wasn't re-enabled because - I guess - nobody missed it. For HDMI out, we actually have found a cleaner method of disabling LiveView - it's used during raw recording, but it's not yet on the user interface for HDMI out. What about proposing this as an easy coding task?"

( sorry, I didn´t find the quote bottom, may be I stayed too many years away from foruns ), but I´d like to greatly thanks A1ex for the nice answer to my question. He brought good information regarding the subject and a the best of all: A possible solution. I don´t use RAW recording, but perhaps this should be the right way to overcome the problem of 30 minutes on the 700D, kind of tricking the camera to enable HDMI out while "supposing" that it´s recording without actually being. How to I propose this as an "easy coding task" or is there more information about HDMI OUT during raw recording ? Thanks. Indeed, we hope for a solution from the guys of ML. Only they can bring us.