MLVRaw
2x anamorphic
canon 7D
Komputerbay 1000x cards (32 and 64gig)
edited in Ppro and color corrected in Resolve 12.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpIswSL1Udc
GOING POSTAL SINCE 1995 BABY

Roberto Mena

Nice cinematography. I am debating to purchase the 7D or the 5DIII.... obviously the 5DIII is a better choice but damn, what a bargain and a deal the 7D with Magic Lantern and it produces really great images.

favvomannen

nice. i actually got intrested and watched for a while. very good story cinematology.

_OLLE_

Great video! how does the "2x anamorphic" works and what is it?

Danson Delta-40

@Roberto: I wouldn't bother. My canon 7D I have had since 2011, and used it for soooooo much stuff. Its a great camera, but I am holding out for when Black magic fixes the magenta issue on the 4.6k ursa mini, and it comes down in price, or buying the GH5 if it turns out to be fantastic. I hope it is.

@_OLLE_: An anamorphic lens is not spherical, meaning it takes in a wider FOV horizontally than it does vertically. 2x merely tells how much that ratio is (in this case, 2:1). The final aspect ratio came out to 2.768, almost a perfect match for ultra panavision 70, the same aspect ratio used on Ben Hur and Lawrence of Arabia.. I am glad you all liked it.

We had so many problems doing this. All the audio was crap so I had to redo it all. Our director left right after casting the actors, and our producer did nothing at all. We re-wrote the original script 4 times to work with what we had, and people purposefully screwed us over on locations we had asked to use. Im amazed we got it done at all.

axelcine

Excellent. Wonderful footage, great color. And an important issue, dealt with in an extraordinary manner. You caught a lot of what ptsd is about.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

Danson Delta-40

There was a female veteran in the audience who came up to our group and said it was really well done. Hit hard to be honest.

markodarko

As others have mention, lovely color and cinematography. May I ask which anamorphic adapted you used? Also, at the beginning of the video it says "shot in Panavision Ultra 70", but you said that you used your 7D... I'm confused.   ::)

ddelreal

Nice. How did you get past the aliasing/moire? Crop mode? Did the Anamorphic help with that?

Danson Delta-40

@Markodarko: The aspect ratio is the same as panavision Ultra-70. That's what I meant by that :D

@ddelreal: No I shot without using crop mode. I still got moire but only in one shot that I didn't end up using because it was permanently stuck at green cast. The only shot that was cropped was the over the shoulder across the field.