RAW DualISO 100/3200 ~ 15.6 EV stop test

Started by wangtrirat, May 04, 2016, 07:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wangtrirat

Hello! I've just testing the MLP processed method for days, It's producing very productive and easy way to Process Dual ISO RAW File.

All this clip being record in 1080p with Dual ISO 100/3200 which resulting in 3.2EV+ Gain in DR ~ 15.6 EV Stop.

Shot on 5D Mark III + 50mm 1.4 Canon Lense

CF Lexar 1066x card

Graded on Davinci Resolve

Notice that heavily aliasing on edge and highlight occurred heavily because of low resolution @1920x1080. Maybe next time with wider lens may take with 2.4K @2.35:1 scale which I found can be continuously record.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7

Lakwaun

Nice but I think just regular magic lantern .mlv raw looks better. Haven't tried dual iso yet.
I did just do a music video with magic lantern raw and it looks pretty solid!! search youtube for "The Artist 1L Boss Up on the PaperHustlesTV channel

aschille84

Looks good! Very filmic. Care to explain what luts you have used, and your settings In MLP ?

Danne

Nice clips. Dynamic range is really something with dual iso. Regarding artifacts you could also check out HDR modes in MLP. I get really good results with 60fps H.264 regular movie mode which I develop with tblend filter.
Check here
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13512.msg160592#msg160592
page 7 in the user_guide
Thanks for posting.
/D

wangtrirat

Thank you so much. I will try to see possibility to shot some film out of it.
DP, Colorist, Technician
Canon 5D Mark III
Sony A7s, Sony FS7